The Quest

Draco sighed and sacrificed all of his food he wasn't hungry, so he used all of his food as an apology to all the 12 Olympic Gods, Hecate, Hestia, and Hades included. Draco putted his head down and stayed like that until Tyson was claimed as a son of Poseidon.

Wait what...?
_____
________

3rd Person P.O.V.

Days passed and everyday campers at camp would tease Percy tremendously about his 'minter of a brother.' It pissed Draco off and got some bruises for punching the people who did. Both Draco and Annabeth tried to make Percy feel better. Annabeth suggested we team up for the chariot race to take their minds off their problems. Don't get them wrong—they all hated Tantalus and they were worried sick about camp—but they didn't know what to do about it. Until they could come up with some brilliant plan to save Thalia's tree, they figured they might as well go along with the races. After all, Annabeth's mom, Athena, had invented the chariot, and Percy's dad had created horses. Together they could all would own that track.

One morning Annabeth, Draco, and Percy were sitting by the canoe lake sketching chariot designs when some jokers from Aphrodite's cabin walked by and asked Percy if he needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye ... "Oh sorry, eyes."

As they walked away laughing, Draco went ahead to fight them but was quickly grabbed by his hoodie by Annabeth who grumbled, "Just ignore them, Percy. It isn't your fault you have a monster for a brother."

"He's not my brother!" Percy snapped. "And he's not a monster, either!"

Draco and Annabeth raised their eyebrows. "Hey, don't get mad at me! And technically, he is a monster," Annabeth said.

"Well you gave him permission to enter the camp," Percy muttered. "Actually, I was the one who gave him permission to enter camp, Perce," Draco said grinning sheepishly. Percy glared at him.

"It was because it was the only way to save your life! I mean ... I'm sorry, Percy, I didn't expect Poseidon to claim him," Draco apologized. "Don't apologize Draco, you did the right thing. Besides cyclops are the most hideous and destructive thugs ever," Annabeth said.

"He is not! What have you got against Cyclopes, any-way?" Percy questioned.

Annabeth's ears turned pink. Percy furrowed his eyebrow. "Just forget it," she said. "Now, the axle for this chariot—"

"You're treating him like he's this horrible thing," Percy said. "He saved my life."

Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood. "Then maybe you should design a chariot with him. "

"Maybe I should."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

She stormed off and left Draco and Percy alone. "C'mon let's finish designing the chariot without her alright?" Draco said, grabbing a pencil and continued sketching away. "Why does she hate cyclops that much anyways?" Percy asked. Draco sighed, "I can't really tell you why since it's not my thing to share, but its complicated.... Annabeth just had a bad experience with cyclops." They both stayed quiet the rest of the day.

oOo

The next couple of days, Draco tried to keep his mind off his problems.

Silena Beauregard, one of the nicer girls from Aphrodite's cabin, helped Draco give Percy his first riding lesson on a pegasus. She explained that there was only one immortal winged horse named Pegasus, who still wandered free somewhere in the skies, but over the eons he'd sired a lot of children, none quite so fast or heroic, but all named after the first and greatest.