Honking could be heard outside of his apartment complex causing him to jog down the stairs and through his door. From there, he spotted his best friend sitting in her car nonchalantly jamming out to whatever song she was playing, not worrying about who saw her dancing.

My little weirdo, he thought.

Deciding that he deserved a little payback for being forced on this fake date, he snuck up to her window before smacking it and yelling.

"SEAN CHARLES LEW I WILL ACTUALLY KILL YOU," she yelled at him through her closed window.

Rolling down her window, she said, "I'm not even kidding get in front of my car right now, I'll run you over."

He laughed at he before leaning through he window and placing a kiss on her forehead, something he'd done often.

"I needed to get some revenge, you're making me be your faux fiancé," he counters, "you aren't allowed to be mad at me for that if it weren't for me you wouldn't be getting free cake."

"Whatever get in already, the cake shop is across town."

Listening to the girl, he hopped into the car and they started their drive toward the bakery. Sean plugged in his phone, quickly opening Spotify and clicked shuffle on his playlist titled "ricebowl's car jams 🍚" and they began belting along.

LA traffic turned the 20 minute drive to an hour drive, but thankfully being the punctual Libra she is, Kaycee planned ahead and picked up Sean an hour and a half before the event was set to happen.

"Love at First Bite? Pfft what a cheesy name," Sean scoffed as he read the sign upon arrival.

"Hey," she whispered while walking through the bakery door, "quiet down we're getting free cake, now hold my hand."

The man was worried his lifelong crush would notice how clammy his hands were getting as she lead him through the busy shop. Glancing around, he noticed couples filled out the different cake booths set around. The workers spread around the bakery snapping pictures of the happy couples and letting them know that they would be hanging the pictures up as long as they were okay with it.

"Hi! Welcome to Love at First Bite, I'm assuming you two lovebirds are here for our free wedding cake testing, correct?" asked one of the workers who was a little too enthusiastic for their liking.

"Yup, I'm Kaycee and this cutie here is my fiancé, Sean," the girl introduced shocking her best friend with the use of a pet name.

The worker took the "couple" around the bakery showing them the different flavors they were sampling and the photo booth in the corner for souvenirs from the shop's grand opening.

"C'mon honey, I've been eyeing that red velvet since we walked in," Kaycee said while putting extra emphasis on the pet name in case anyone had their suspicions.

The "newly engaged" had been stuffing their faces in cake samples, even sneaking a few samples from booths they'd already visited previously. No one had suspected anything odd about the pair which both warmed and broke Sean's heart.

Warmed, because it meant that on the outside looking in, his feelings didn't seem unrequited. People saw them and saw two people in love not a twenty one year old man secretly in love with his best friend. It was heartwarming but it could also mean two things: Kaycee could actually have feelings for him, making it easier for her to play the part or Kaycee has absolutely no feelings for him, making it easier for her to play the part.

The thought of of the latter possibility was breaking his heart by the second. Her use of pet names and loving eyes and precious gestures like wiping the corner of his lip or feeding him a sample made everything seem so real. It made it seem like maybe this could be a two-sided thing. Maybe one day they will be going out and picking a real wedding cake of their own. But as of right now, Sean is nothing but a lovesick fool on a fake date with his best friend for the sole purpose of getting free cake in return.