The Dream (MysteriousDryad)

The Dream

"Where is he?" I wonder aloud. "He hasn't been home in weeks. I just hope he is alright." I say with worry and sadness traced in my voice.

Flash forward 2 weeks later

I was about to go to sleep but I heard the front door open. I got up and started walking towards the living room. As I got closer and closer, I could make a man and a woman's voice. "Please don't let it be, please don't let it be" I repeated in my head over and over, hoping it's not true.

Once I finally got to the living room, I couldn't believe what I was seeing

Once I finally got to the living room, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He didn't even see me, he was to busy kissing the other girl, obviously forgetting he had a wife. I coughed to get his attention and what I heard next, broke my heart.

"Oh hey, Bella. This is Kayla. We've been married far longer than you and I have been. You remember all those business trips I went on? Yeahhh, I was at her place. Kayla is far more prettier than you and is just better than you. Sorry, Bella." He said and smirked. "Ohhh! I almost forgot. I. Never. Loved. You."

I wanted to be mad at him but I just couldn't. I was to hurt, it felt like my heart shattered to a million little pieces, but I would not let him see the control he had over me. I refuse to cry in front of him. I always had this nagging feeling in my gut, but I would ignore it, thinking I was in love with him. Boy was I wrong.

I found the nearest closet and grabbed the biggest suitcase I could find. Room after room, I grabbed all of my things and shoved them into the suitcase. Once all of my stuff was in the suitcase, I took off the ring and chucked at him then grabbed the suitcase and left without even saying goodbye. "Like he would miss me anyways," I thought sarcastically.

I woke up with tears streaming down my face. I didn't try to stop the tears this time, rather I let them flow freely. "At least I got some sleep though," I said.

Never do I want to see that man again. Never will I let him control me again. Never do I want to be with a man like him.

Instead, I'll move on but right now I just want to let it all out. Every little thing I've bottled up for years, everything.

And so I did.