Brothers in Arms (NehpetsEnal)

Brothers in Arms

Of the two Denver brothers, Brett was the younger.

To be the elder, he did hunger.

For him, life was a competition.

Coming second or being the younger was a nowhere position.

But if there was one thing, he loved more than winning it was his brother.

It was a life lesson they learned from their Mother.

This feeling of compassion was reciprocated by Bart.

He'd been Brett's protector, from the start.

Bart had taken his Mother's words to heart.

He'd vowed that nothing would pull them apart.

He wasn't the biggest or the toughest, but he was smart.

Because of Brett's love of competition, he'd frequently used his brain to keep him and trouble apart.

Today was to be no exception, through their veins Denver blood courses.

With permission from their father, they raced to the sables to get the first choice of horses.

The Sheriff was resting in a hammock, where it swung effortlessly in the breeze among the Lemon Trees.

He was momentarily disturbed by their raucous laughter but disregarded it as boys being boys.

Annie watched the boys with a gleam in her eyes.

CG was not amused; come on Annie we have a story to get to press.

Distracted by Annie, Bart slipped and fell allowing Brett to run past.

It looked like he was going to have to settle for last.

Brett swept into the Stables with his mindset on riding off on Nugget.

He found his stable empty and felt his heart plummet.

Bart arrived to find Brett stood aghast.

Rosetta walks in with a wrysmile, sorry boys, Shadow and Missy are long gone, I guess that makes you last.