78 - You safe his life

Liam: "Are you all right, babe?" you watch Liam's pained expression with worry and squeeze his hand. "Fine, fine." he says, his face implying otherwise. "You aren't fine, Liam. Come on, what's wrong?" You stop walking, planting your feet firmly in the sand along the beach, putting your romantic walk to a halt. "I just...I think I had too much to drink today..my kidney, I just..." he trails off and winces in pain. "Oh no! Liam! Why didn't you say something earlier?" You quickly dig out your cell phone to call an ambulance, fear radiating through your veins. "I didn't want to ruin our date..." he chokes out. You quickly dial for an ambulance, as he grows weaker and weaker....You sit in the hospital waiting room nervously. Will he be all right? Please let him be all right. "(Y/N)? Liam Payne's girlfriend?" a doctor with a clipboard walks through a set of swinging doors and you run over to her. "Yes! That's me! Is he okay? Please, God, let him be okay!" your eyes well with tears and you feel yourself shaking. "He's fine. Just barely. Lucky you called when you did, or maybe he wouldn't have been as lucky." She leads you to his hospital room, he's hooked up to all kinds of things and he looks pale. "Oh, God. Liam!" you let tears slide down your face and run over to his bedside. "Don't cry, babe. You saved my life. Thank you," he leans to kiss your cheek weakly. "No, thank you for being strong and...God...I don't know what I'd do without you," you choke. 

Zayn: "I can't believe you actually came into the lake! I'm so proud of you, baby. Conquering your fear little by little!" you smile at Zayn, immensely proud of him as he stays close to the shore of the lake, shallow, so he can stand. "Well, you in a bikini was certainly motivation," he laughs. Suddenly, you hear your phone ringing. "I'll be right back, that's probably my brother. Don't go anywhere!" you call out, running out of the lake to where your phone is a few yards onto shore. Zayn waits patiently for you to return, when suddenly a fish brushes against his leg and frightens him. He moves out of the way, only to slip on a rock and slide under water. "Shit!" As he falls, he bashes his ankle against the same rock. He grabs his throbbing ankle and feels himself falling under the water. Fear radiates through his body, he can't think clearly. He can't think to stand up, he can only think about the water. Can't swim. Water. Drown. The next thing he remembers is you running towards him, screaming. He wakes up in your arms, you standing above him, pounding his chest to get the water out of his lungs. His eyes squint open. "Zayn!" you shout, your voice still shaking. "I thought I was in heaven for a second, you look like an angel," he says weakly, smiling. "That was the first and last time I ever go swimming." You nod and hug him tightly. "I don't blame you at all," you agree. 

Harry: "I love you so much, you'll never understand how much you mean to me..." Harry says out of the blue one day, as you both lay on the couch, legs intertwined. "I love you, too, Harry," you blurt out, surprised at his sudden sentimental and serious tone. "What do you mean I'll never understand?" you murmur curiously. He stares into your eyes a few moments, then rolls up his sleeve. You see scars running up and down his arm, scars that look like they're old and have been healed. Scars that you'd never seen before. "If you're wondering how I hid them...make up. Photoshop. Bracelets," he begins, squeezing your hand. "I met you. I fell in love...and I stopped. So I guess, in a sense..." he bites his lip and shakes his head in disbelief. "You saved my life." 

Niall: "This is delicious!" you remark, stabbing a piece of pasta with your fork and shoving it into your mouth. Niall nods and shoves a forkful of pasta into his own mouth with a smile. Suddenly, his face turns bright red and he starts coughing. "Niall?" his face looks frantic and he starts coughing. He must be choking, you realize. You quickly run behind him and perform a shoddy version of the Heimlich maneuver to the best of your memory. (You never paid much attention in Health Class). After punching him in the back a couple of times, he's no longer choking and he can breathe again. "You saved my life," he sputters. "And wow, you have got quite a punch there, Princess." He automatically makes light of the situation with a laugh, rubbing his back where you'd recently punched him. 

Louis: "I feel like Liam right now," Louis jokes, winking at his one-working-kidney'd bandmate Liam. "Louis, this is serious," you say, looking at him with worry. Just a few hours ago he'd passed out on stage. Both of his kidneys had failed and if they couldn't get a donor soon...You take a deep breathe and go over to the doctor who's reading Louis' medical charts. "I'd like to donate a kidney," you say quietly. A week later, Louis' is in bed recovering and you bring him a hot cup of Yorkshire Tea, his favorite. "Thank you, babe," Louis replies, taking the tea gratefully. "I still wonder who gave me that kidney. I just want to thank them for saving my life," Louis mumbles for the tenth time that day. It's been tearing him apart that he can't thank the person who saved his life, not knowing he already has. With a sigh, you lift up your T-Shirt, showing him a bandage near your abdomen from where your kidney had been taken out to give to him. "You..." he stares at you in amazement and you nod. "That's what you do when you love somebody," you say. "Thank you so much, (Y/N)...I love you so much..." his eyes fill with tears and he hugs you gently, careful of your bandages and of his own. "Now I'll always have a part of you with me, wherever I go," he winks, patting the bandage of where his new kidney is.