216 - Hiding it

Louis: As the interviewer asks the dreaded question he subconsciously holds his breath, knowing he must answer. Knowing he must lie. She glances towards him awaiting an answer and he bites his tongue. "I'm single, ready to mingle, like a pringle," he jests, making light of the situation and blocking the annoyance of hiding with a joking smile.

Harry: Contract. Contract. Contract. He repeats the word over and over in his mind until it becomes a blur of syllables and vowels. "I'm...er," he's an awful liar. Terrible liar. Contract. Contract. "Erm, I'm not seeing anyone really at the moment." Vague answer. Not a good answer. Contract. "Yeah, single," he adds on, attempting to patch up his slight error.

Liam: As soon as the question leaves the interviewer's lips his mind falls to you and the evening just yesterday. But no, he's forced to forget it for now. As long as there are cameras he is single but when it is you and him he is not. It's so confusing and he hates it. He raises a reluctant hand marking him as single but keeps his arms cross and expression distant as the interview ensues.

Zayn: He wants to show you off, he wants to let the know you are his. All his. But he can't. There are legal things and contracts that he doesn't want to mess with, he doesn't want you to be trailed by ravnous paparazzi. He wants to keep you his secret but he also want the whole world to know. "I'm single," he replies simply, adding a quiet "I'm lying," under his breath.

Niall: His knee bounces up and down and his heart pounds with excitement. Finally he isn't single. He has a girl, a lovely girl that he wants to show off to everyone and tell everyone how lovely she is. But he can't. He takes deep breaths and forces himself not to slip, not to let the world know. "Not dating anyone," he says quickly, biting down on his lip to stop himself from correcting it. For now to the public he is single, but he is not. Not really.