150 - Over Again (Song Series)

Harry: "I'm sorry," he says softly, a reassuring smile and a carton of ice cream--your favorite flavor. "He was an idiot anyway." You wipe a tear from your cheek and throw yourself into his arms. He smells like cinnamon and boy and all the familiar things about him you loved--your best friend. "Thanks for coming over," you manage, shutting the door behind him and plopping down on the sofa with two spoons and the carton of ice cream. "I just...I feel like there's part of my heart missing without him," you lament, remembering your now-ex-boyfriend with a bitter sadness. "I'm not the best with advice or love or anything, my heart isn't complete either," he casts a somewhat longing glance at you but you don't quite notice. "I can lend you broken parts that might fit and I can lend you some advice that might help, or I can just be here to fix you whenever you need me to," he says quietly, entwining his fingers with yours. "And I will give you all my heart, if you'll have it," he adds with a sudden burst of confidence. And suddenly the gears start spinning and you finally realize that it was him--it was him all along. Harry. "I'll have your heart if you'll have mine," you reply, leaning in closer for a kiss. 

Niall: "So, is this the end?" you force yourself to meet his gaze from across the table and he clears his throat. All the things he said--did he ever mean them at all? His face has a pained expression and he bites down on his lip. "I'm so sorry," he takes your hands in his, but you pull away. "Don't," you begin, fighting back tears. "I don't know why you're so upset," his blue eyes are wide with surprise. "Don't know why I'm so upset? This is the end of us," you snap, brushing a tear away with your thumb. "Us? I didn't know there really was an us," he furrows his brows and looks sadly down at his plate. "We were just...I don't know, physical. I didn't think you cared much about me," he says quietly. "I wanted to end this before I started falling more in love with you." You shake your head and give his hand a squeeze. "I care about you...and I don't want this to end because I'm falling in love with you, too." He smiles and leans over, kissing you on the cheek. "So let's start it all over again," he shakes your hand. "I'm Niall Horan." 

Liam: "She's a mess, she hasn't eaten in days and she's been wearing the same sweatpants all weekend," your best friend exclaims, leaning on Liam's door. He can't help but feel terrible but anger and a wave of sadness sets in. "Well I'm no better," he sniffs, crossing his arms. "Plus, she's the one who broke up with ME." Your best friend lets out a sigh of exasperation. "You're both so damn stubborn and ridiculous," she presses her phone into his palm. "She thought you were going to break her heart so she wanted to break yours first...she thought this whole relationship was just a fling, she didn't think you cared about her anymore since you went on tour." He raises his eyebrows with surprise but he suddenly realizes it might've seemed that way--he hadn't called you much while he was away. "Why didn't she tell me that then?" he says softly, staring down at the phone. "She's a dumb ass and so are you," your friend says in the most loving way possible. "Now call her and fix this mess, Liam. You two are in love and you're both broken disasters. You need to start this over again...the right way." 

Louis: "This was a mistake, wasn't it?" you snap, shoving your clothes haphazardly into your suitcase in a blind hurricane of tears and shouts. "Maybe this was all just a big mistake," he yells back, leaning his forehead against the wall and curling his fists with frustration. "You're not the person I thought you were, you're a cheating liar, I hate you," you try to sound disgusted but it just comes out sad and disappointed. His face softens. "I didn't cheat on you, why would you even believe those rumors? I thought you trusted me!" You shake your head and zip up your suitcase, turning to face him with a sigh. "I did, Louis, I did. But it's the same stuff all the time so just remove the mask you've got on because I can see right through it," you walk towards the door and shake your head. "I'll remove my mask when you remove yours, because I know you're just believing these things because you're so damn insecure and you can't believe that anyone would actually love you for who you are because damn it, you're an amazing person and if you leave I don't know what I'll do," his voice cracks on the last word and you drop your suitcase, You turn to face him just as a single tear slides down his cheek. Wordlessly, you walk back to him and bury yourself in his arms, wordlessly, he leans in for a kiss. 

Zayn: "It's all or nothing for a relationship," Zayn sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "And I can tell that your heart isn't in it." You look away from the window pane and play with a thread on your sweater. "I don't know, Zayn," you sigh, burying your face in your hands. "Lately I just...it's been too much...the cameras and the fans and the hate." He wraps his arm around you and kisses your cheek. "I know it's hard...but do you really want to be alone? Do you really want this to end? Are you just going to walk away?" he sounds scared and small and you quickly shake your head. "No, I want this to work but...sometimes I'm not strong enough," you say quietly, tracing his tattoos with your fingers in a calming way. "You are strong enough always, and you've always got me," he promises. "And you have all of my heart."