Under the stars

Joe's POV
"We're here" i smiled at a sleepy dianne who had fallen asleep on me in the car. Me and the boys had booked a trip to go camping together, all of the buttercreams and Dianne, she's finally off tour and we want to spend as much time together as we can, and luckily the boys don't mind. "Do you know how to put a tent up?" She asked.
"Fortunately i do." I smirked, knowing she would expect me to know.
"Good, because i don't have a clue." She laughed as we got out of the van josh had hired for the weekend. Luckily there's no one else camping here, we set up our tents next to each other.

I had been camping a few times before, so I managed to get our tent up quickly, meanwhile the boys seemed to be struggling. "Di look at them" i laughed pointing toward them.
"Should we help?" She asked.
"Nah, let them struggle." I chuckled, getting out two deckchairs for us both.

Dianne's POV
Me and Joe sat together in two deckchairs, mine of course bright red, his dark blue. "Should i get the fire pit started?" Joe asked sounding keen, Joe always seemed to love get the fire going. I nodded my head, moving my legs from his so he could get up. The other boys were still putting their tents up, they had two tents between them and somehow a group of 7 had only managed to get one up. I chuckled to myself as the boys fought each other trying to figure out where each pole went. Then i turned my attention back to Joe, who i must say looked extremely cute trying to start the fire. I got my phone out to take a picture of his little concentrated turtle face, which of course I immediately set to my lock screen. "Ayyy" he cheered as a flame lit, spreading into a calming fire.
"Gowan joseph" i smiled as he looked down proudly at his fire.
"Call me joseph the fire starter" he said, making me laugh loudly.

"Nice of you to join us" joe smirked as the boys came to sit with us.
"Thanks for helping." Oli replied rolling his eyes.
"You're welcome" i said cheekily, only me and Joe laughing. "Are we still going on a walk?" I asked the lads.
"Yup, and theres a lake so bring your swim stuff." Caspar said.
"Swimming?" I asked, "isn't it a bit late?"
"Never too late to go swimming." Joe laughed. Its summer, the days are longer and the weathers so much nicer, but it would be a while until the sun starts to set so i went along with it. "Well hurry up i want to go swimming" i jumped up from my seat ready to get my stuff, which was followed by all the guys groaning, they obviously wanted some rest.

Joe's POV
I held my hand out for dianne to hold, which luckily she did, she gripped onto my hand tightly, not too tight, just tight enough. Her warm hands felt perfect with mine. "I'm so glad you came with us." I grinned.
"I'm glad you let me come." We both giggled slightly, then i leaned down to kiss her softly.
"Love birds hurry up!" Jack shouted. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Dianne, we carried on walking slowly behind the boys. The walk was calm and quite, a small path within some fields of tall grass. Of course we took some photos, my favourite is one of Dianne, a Polaroid. She's walking along the path her bright red hair in loose curls, and she's wearing a summery yellow dress, which looked perfect on her.
"You're beautiful." I said breaking the silence as we carried on walking. I looked down to see her blushing, "i didn't mean to say that out loud, but perhaps I'm glad i did." I smiled softly. "Can you blush anymore your cheeks are nearly the colour of your hair." I laughed.
"Don't be mean." She replied, turning to hide her face in my side.
"I love you." I said quietly, kissing her forehead.

Di's POV
"Last one In is a loser!" Conor shouted running towards the lake. I quickly ran and cannon balled into the cold water, luckily I don't think I was last, however joe still hadn't got in. I swam back over to the edge where he was dipping his toes in whilst stood on the little wooden walk way. "Come on you baby, it's not that cold!" I laughed at him. Then I grabbed his hand and pulled him in, a massive splash followed. "Miss Buswell I'm gonna get you!" He said swimming towards me, then I swam away as fast as I can, i stopped once I got far enough away. "Meany" joe lightly splashed some water at me, before swimming towards me pulling me into a hug. "It's nice out here." I smiled, the water wasn't too cold, the sun was shining and we had some music playing as we all splashed around in the water.

"Are you guys coming or what?" Mikey shouted at me and joe from the side of the lake.
"Nah we're gonna stay for a little while, you guys head back." He replied. The boys nodded and began their walk back to our camp. The sun started to set and painted the sky pretty shades of pink and purple, the bright colours reflecting on the rippling water. "How come we're staying here?" I asked joe.
"I just wanted to spend some time with my girl." He smiled softly, "and without Mikey shouting all the time." He chuckled making me laugh. Joe held me in his arms as we sat together on the wooden walk way, our feet swaying slightly in the water. I rested my head on his shoulder as one of our favourite songs, 'the night we met' played in the background, joe ran his fingers through my red hair, and i looked up at him smiling. We sat in comfortable silence.

Joe's POV
"Here just wear my top." I said to Dianne throwing it to her, we both dried off and i gave her my shirt so she didn't have to put her dress on over her swimming costume. "I love this shirt." She smiled throwing it on, of course it was way too big for her, it flowed down to her thighs. Then she tied her wet hair up in a loose bun, somehow she still looked as perfect as she did earlier when she was wearing her yellow dress with her loose locks. "Like what you see?" She laughed.
"Always" i replied, watching as her cheeks turned pink. By now the sun had set, and we walked under the stars.
"The sky's never like this at home." Dianne said.
"That's why i love the countryside." I smiled, looking up at the clear night sky.
"I like it here" she smiled. We carried on walking hand in hand listening to music back to the camp.

"Do you think they're all asleep?" I asked Dianne.
"Maybe, it is quite late." She said. "I guess we should head to bed then." I nodded and we made our way back to our tent. I changed into some grey joggers and Dianne got changed out of her swimming costume but kept my shirt on, and put some dark blue shorts on. We both got into our sleeping bags, throwing a big duvet over us both, then we got ready to go to bed.

Di's POV
It was quite cold and I couldn't sleep. I wriggled around in my sleeping bag looking up at the top of the tent, trying to fall asleep. "Joe?" I whispered. "Yeah" he replied, he sounded wide awake as well.
"I cant sleep."
"Neither can i."
"Can we cuddle?" I asked.
"I would never turn that offer down." We both got out of our sleeping bags, leaving just our duvet to keep us warm. I wriggled over closer to Joe. "Are you cold?" He asked, noticing me shiver a little, i nodded in response. Then he pulled me over to him, so i was laid on top of him, which made me giggle. Then he gave me a big bear hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me. Instantly i somehow felt warmer, relaxing into his touch. "I love you." I said yawning a little, making joe chuckle.
"I love you more sleepyhead." He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, and ran his hand up and down my bare back softly, until i started to feel myself drift off to sleep.

A/n sorry its been a while and that this is kinda shit but oh well ily :)