Fever

Joe's POV
Di had woken up not feeling to great. I had been downstairs but i went up to see if she had woken up. "Morning" i smiled as i walked into our room, "you ok?" I asked, noticing she looked rather hot.i walked over to her side of the bed, I placed my hand on her forehead and i felt the heat on her, "Di you feel really hot" i said pulling my hand away. She just looked up at me with a slight frown on her face, "i think you might have a fever" i said and her face dropped.
"But the guys are coming over later" she said, we had invited some of my friends as well as Ambar, Evie and Emily to come over for a bit, and Di was excited for the girls to finally spend some time together. "we'll see how you are later' i said and she nodded her head in agreement. "Do you want to go downstairs or stay here?" I asked her.
"Can we go downstairs" she smiled faintly. She climbed out of bed but as soon as she stood up she nearly fell over, "woah careful" i caught her quickly. I held her by her waist to steady her, then i picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. "Come on, ill get you breakfast" i smiled as i walked down the stairs. Di was wearing some shorts and a long baggy top, one of mine, i placed her down on the sofa and pulled the blanket over her, before going into the kitchen to make us both some breakfast.

Di and i had spent the day together sat on the sofa. "How you feeling?" I asked looking down at her, she was leant against my chest.
"Alright" she replied shrugging her shoulders.
"Do you still want everyone to come over?" I asked and she eagerly nodded her head, "ok ill tell them" i said chuckling at her response. I got out my phone from my pocket and texted the boys telling them they could still come over. "When they get here we can order pizza" i smiled looking down at Dianne. She looked to be shivering a little, "I'm cold" she said.
"I know, but you feel boiling hot." I said taking my hand away from her forehead. I wrapped my arms around her instead, as i didn't want to make her too hot.

Di's POV
There was a knock on the door and Joe got up to answer it, leaving me on the sofa. I sat up a bit to see that it was Oli and Evie, "hey Dianne" Oli smiled as they walked over to the sofa, i smiled back at him. "Joe said you aren't feeling too good so a brought you some chocolate" Evie laughed holding out the bar of dairy milk. "Thank you" i giggled taking it off her. Then Joe sat back down next to me.
It had been a little while and Caspar, Byron, Ambar And Emily had all turned up, as well as some of the other buttercreams, and by now it was starting to get a little louder, which wasn't helping my headache. I shuffled down the sofa and laid my head on Joe's lap, holding the back of my head where it hurt. Joe placed his hand on my lower back rubbing up and down gently, then i heard him tell everyone to be a bit quieter and everyone listened, lowering their voices slightly. "So when are we getting pizza?" Caspar asked as we played fortnite.
"Now but you guys can order it" Joe replied, laughing slightly as Caspar ran out to the room to ring dominos. Joe wiped my hair from my face, then he stroked his thumb across my cheek gently. "You ok?" He asked, looking down worriedly at me, i shook my head slightly, and a frown appeared on his face. "Do you want me to take you upstairs?" Joe asked me.
"I want to stay with you" i replied. I pulled myself up to sit on Joe's lap, and i hid my face in the crook of his neck.
"Pizza should be here soon!" Caspar said loudly as he walked back into the room, i covered my ears and closed my eyes, my head hurting too much. "I'm sorry" He said to me speaking quieter.

Joe's POV
"Pizza pizza pizza" Caspar chanted quietly as he and Byron ran over to the door, the paid the delivery guy and closed the door running back to us. "Bon appetite" Byron laughed putting them all down on in front of us. I picked up the one Di and i had decided to share. We were sat together at the side, a bit further from everyone else. She got off my lap and sat next to me, our legs pressed together. Jack put on a movie, and we all started to eat. "Here" i said holding up a slice for Dianne.
"I'm ok" she replied, giving me a small smile.
"Do you want anything else to eat?" I asked her, knowing she hadn't eaten much, but still she shook her head.

"Should we play some games?" I asked everyone.
"Games night hell yeah" Emily laughed. I went over to the cupboard full of games and picked out monopoly, the boys and i always played monopoly whenever we're together, it had become somewhat a tradition. We all sat down on the rug together, Ambar and Evie setting it up. "Are we going in teams?" Oli asked.
"I'm with you" Di said walking over to me and sitting on my lap.
"Of course" i replied smiling at her. We all got into teams, all of us with our girlfriends, leaving Jack and Josh to go together.

We were getting into the game, Di and I doing well, although she hadn't said much. She buried her head into my chest, with her back to everyone, when i could hear her sniffling into my jumper. I rubbed her back softly, and moved her hair behind her ears. "We'll be one sec" i said to the others, as i stood up holding Dianne in my arms. The girls all looked a little worried, "Don't worry" i said quietly as i took Di out of the room. As i started to climb the stairs she bursted into tears. "Shh, its ok babe" i cooed, quickening my pace to get to our room. I sat down at the head of the bed, rocking her slightly. "Migraine?" I asked, and she nodded her head. Di gets migraines quite often, but i knew this was worse because of her fever. "Let me look for some paracetamol, you lie down" i said in a soft tone and she nodded her head, keeping her eyes closed, as lights and sounds always triggered her migraines. I walked over to the door turning the light off and i closed the blinds, then i headed to our bathroom to look for some paracetamol.

Di's POV
A little after i woke up i heard a knock at the door, it opened slightly and Emily walked in. "Hey" she smiled speaking quietly. "How you feeling?" She asked.
"Slightly better" i replied. Emily and i had become quite close, the two Australians of the group. Then Evie and Ambar appeared at the door.
"We thought we could do face masks" Ambar smiled holding 4 face masks up.
"And the boys were getting a little boring." Evie said, making us all laugh.
The girls came and sat with me on the bed, we put on our face masks, laughing at each other as we struggled. Then we continued to talk for what felt like hours and hours.

"Hey, the boys said they're gonna head off" joe said stepping into the room. All of the girls frowned a little, but then they all gave me a hug. "Bye girls see you soon" i waved as they all headed downstairs. "Ill be back in a bit." Joe said as he ran downstairs to say goodbye to everyone.
And he wasn't lying he ran back up shortly after. Joe changed into some shorts then he got into bed with me. "How you feeling?" He asked.
"Much better" i replied smiling at him.
"Good" he said kissing my forehead. He cuddled with me wrapping his arms around me waist. "Tell me if you get to hot" he said yawning a little. "I will" i replied, "thank you for being the best"
"Only for you" he said, i could sense i smile appear across his lips. Then he held me in his arms as i drifted to sleep.

A/n sorry I've been bad at updating i keep falling asleep as i usually write at like 12am :)