13 | Revert

THIRTEEN - Revert

48 HOURS EARLIER!

"You wanted to talk." I flinched in pain, my face contorting from the excruciating ache that shot through my abdomen as I settled myself in the chair opposite Roxy.

"Yeah." He looked at us—Sami and I—solemnly. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"What's up?" Sami asked, his eyebrows deeply furrowed. Roxy didn't say anything for a while. Just kept switching his gaze between the two of us, nibbling on his bottom lip.

"It's time to pay up." He said and moved his gaze from Sami to me.

That made me furrow my eyebrows deeply, my heart skipping a beat before it took off in a marathon race against my ribcage, bumping and tripping over it as if it wanted to escape and run as far away from what I was sure to be a cruel reality; my mind going haywire with all the possibilities.

"Why now?" I asked when I finally gathered the courage.

"Things changed." He stated matter of factly.

"Why?" I asked while Sami burst out in unison with me saying, "Whoa, dude... chill the fuck out." Sami glared at Roxy. "You disappear for... like, I-don't-know years and you come back just to drop a bomb like this? And just in case you were wondering, our boy was jump by some assholes. So much for your darn protection."

That made Roxy sent Sami an icy glare sure to melt anything frozen in the closest five mile radius. Sami cowered back with a hard gulp, making his Adam's apple bob up and down.

"I know and I am sorry." He moved his gaze to me. "I was sorting out some things."

"Which are?" I inquired. "That's, if I am even allowed to ask." I swallowed.

He sighed heavily and leaned back in his sit, running a hand through his hair. "Some fucked up shit is happening guys. I don't know for sure but it's..." he gulped with deep frown lines on his forehead.

"It's what?" I swallowed.

"The first day we met... I believe you asked why I was helping you?" He stated. Sami and I frowned but nod our heads nonetheless. "I believe your first instinct was that it was your father's doing? That he was the one that hired me to keep an eye on you? To keep you safe?"

"Uhm... yeah?" It was more of a question then a response.

"It's not your father that paid me to keep you safe." He deadpanned.

"What?" Sami and I whispered simultaneously yet again.

"What do you mean?" I asked Roxy because I was more confused than ever.

What does he mean it's not my father who was paying him to keep an eye on me? And if it's not my father then who is it and why the hell we're they trying to protect me when my own darn father didn't give two shits?

My already aching bodily pain was heightened yet again to an another level.

"My actual name is Terrence Jaarson." He stated matter-of-factly without moving his gaze from me.