"That's the new girl ?" Marlon asked unsure , he too started to help Louis.
"And I guess Louis has met her already ..?"

Violet became inpatient at Louis' lack of response , she gripped his shoulders and shook him quite hard .
"Ow ow , ok !" He finally snapped out of his stare and turned to his friends , who handed him his work . The dark skinned boy was about to explain that the new girl is the weirdo but the bell rung , taking the words out of the boys mouth .
"Thanks ." He thanked violet as she handed in the remaining papers .
"Meet me at the bench with everyone at lunch , I have something important to tell you all."

Marlon and Violet glanced at eachother with confusion but , shrugged and agreed .

Louis fast walked to class , almost losing his papers again . He was curious to see if she was in his class , maybe she sat next to him . There's a space next to him in science , that's probably where she would sit . It was like his prayers were answered when he entered the Science lab . Mitch waved at him and then pointed at the girl wearing the baseball cap next to his empty place .

His heart skipped a beat when he sat next to her . Mitch cupped his mouth and whispered into his ear , not wanting the weirdo to hear him gossiping .
"Well I lost the bet . She's quite pretty ."

Louis chuckled , watching the girl from the corner of his eye . Her bag was ruffled and dirty but the books inside were new and clean . It definitely looked like she hasn't got a lot of money but that didn't bother Louis one bit , like he said you can't judge someone based on their looks . He lent over to Mitch and whispered back .
"I'm going to speak to her."

Mitch laughed at his child like actions , Louis was never good at opening up to people . Louis took a deep breath in and brushed his dreads from out of his face . He looked at the girl , who was unpacking her school attire , and smiled at her .
"H-"

"Alright ! Alright ! Let's settle down ."

Louis let out a huff turned to the front , what was up with everyone cutting him off today ? He hated science but somehow he was in top set . Probably because he copied off Mitch that one time . It wasn't just the subject he hated , but the teacher as well . Miss . Lilly . Vile son of bitch . She had something against Louis but he hasn't done anything wrong or bad to her .

Miss Lilly raised an eyebrow at the new face sitting next to Louis , she walked slowly towards their working area . Her heels clipped against the marble floor . She leaned onto the desk and leant forward , earning the attention of the new girl .
"Hmm .." She took in the girls dirty face and tattered hat .
"Take off your hat ."

The new girl twitched , reaching slowly up to her hat and swiping it off her head revealing her full face . Louis still was mesmerised by her pretty face and wondered why a beautiful girl like her was alone on the nasty streets .
"You're new ." The teacher stated . The girl nodded , already growing agitated by the Adults hard glare .
"What's your name young lady ."

The whole class now listened in , all of them were curious about the new person . The small girl returned the horrid glare of the teacher , making Louis impressed .
"Clementine ." She said , giving the same cold tone she gave Louis earlier . Mitch nudged Louis making him turn round . He gave him a ' hot gal ' face and winked at him , Louis just shook his head with a smile and examined the scene that disturbed the whole class .

Miss Lilly huffed with a smirk as she returned to the front of the class .
"As you have just heard . Clementine is obviously new to this class , Louis you will be her partner." She ordered . Mitch gave her a questionable look , he had no one to work with now .
"Mitch work with Gabe at the front here . Right so , a-"

Louis zoned out like he always does but this time he had something to admire . He kept taking glances at the girl he now knew as Clementine . She looked so concentrated and beautiful .

"Let's get going ." Miss Lilly had commanded . When she stopped speaking the room erupted into chatter . Louis took the opportunity to learn more about Clementine .

He turned to her a flashed a smile .
"Hey ." He said in a soft tone . Clementine turned to face him , her eyes glistened as she slid her hat onto her lap .

"Hi ." She replied , her voice still cold and aggressive. Miss Lilly handed the pair the work sheet and Clementine put her head down , starting to work .

Louis frowned , he shuffled his stool closer which made Clementine look at him in confusion . He held out his hand in a handshake motion .
"I'm Louis ." He said , still smiling . The small girl hesitantly shook his hand .
"So .. where are you from ."

Clementine shuddered , about to say something but kept her mouth shut . She wrote down a few answers and turned to face him again.
"Around town ."

He kept on his smile and sneakily copied her answers onto his sheet .
"You know your way around ?"

Clementine sighed , massaging her head in irritation.
"I guess you could say that ."

"Did you move here re-"

"Why do you ask so many questions ?" She asked , she was getting irritated every time he asked her something .

"I just want to get to know you . Everyone does ." Louis explained , laying off with the questions from now on .
"And by the way . If you want to , you can find me at lunch and I can introduce you to my friends ."

The girl raised an eyebrow . No one ever gave her that option before .
"Uh ... thanks ?" Clementine didn't really know what to say so she continued to work . Now that he was the first person to show a little bit of kindness to her , she felt bad for being rude to him 10 seconds ago . She glanced at his struggling state at question three and sighed : sliding her sheet over so he could cop- get ideas .

"Uhh .... thanks ?" He mimicked her from earlier , writing down a couple more answers than just question 3 . He slid the sheet back over to her when he was done .

It was an awkward silence between the two and Louis found it unbearable to not speak to her . He made a few excuses to speak to her , like dropping a pencil under her seat by 'accident' and asking her to pick it up for him . He did that a little bit too much .

"Can you keep your pencil still." She ordered , knowing exactly what he was trying to do . She frowned at the weird feeling in her stomach it happened in her face as well . It was almost like she wanted to smile ...