Chapter 16

The Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo, was a huge lizard like creature with sharp teeth and two sharp fangs that came out of his jaws. He stomped on his four legs and came ferociously toward me and opened his mouth. Inside his mouth was a fire ball he was going to throw at me. I had to think fast. I grabbed one of my bombs found in the caverns and threw it in his mouth. He closed his mouth, not knowing what to do with it and I stroke him with my sword while I had the chance. He then rolled into a ball and came at me. I dodged to my right, barely missing the steep pool of lava to my left. I turned around and once again threw another bomb into his mouth. I hit him with my sling shot and he fell to the ground. I stroke him once again with my sword. He got back up once again and was about to strike for me with his horn on his head. When I ducked down, he kept going. I

stabbed him in the chest with my sword, making sure I didn't miss and that I wouldn't be clobbered by his feet being underneath him. I immediately ran out from underneath him. He rolled into a ball, slamming on the walls and went into the lava. He slowly was decaying into the pool of lava. As his head was about to go into the lava, it dried up into stone along with him being dried up into stone along with it. I went into the blue light that appeared and was sent back to the outside of the entrance to Dodongo's Cavern. I slowly backed away as I saw that Darunia was about to slam onto the ground. Peach came running toward me while Rosalina was walking behind her.

"You're back!" Peach gave me a hug. "Hi Navi!"

"Hello!"

"Don't squish him." Rosalina said.

"Glad I'm back huh?" Rosalina rolled her eyes.

"Well done Link." Darunia said. He pat my head hard. "Thanks to you, we can once again eat the delicious rocks from Dodongo's Cavern until our stomachs burst!" He gave me two pats that sent me drilling into the ground. "What a wild adventure! It will make an incredible story! I can't believe the Dodongo's suddenly appeared in such great numbers! And that big rock blocking the cave... All of that trouble must have been caused by that Gerudo thief, Ganondorf! He said give me the spiritual stone and only then will I open the cave for you! You on the other hand, risked your life for us." He smiled. "Kid, I like you! How about you and I become sworn brothers!"

"Is there a ceremony for it?" Navi said.

"No there's no big ceremony involved. Just take this as a token of our friendship!" He lifted his hands up and a red light appeared. It was none other than the Goron's ruby itself!

"Whoo-hoo! One more to go!" Navi said.

"Finally." Rosalina said.

"Yes!" Peach replied.

"This is great! Thank you!" I told Darunia.

"No problem at all brother! You'll keep brushing up on your skills as you travel, won't you?" I nodded yes. Darunia raised his hands to his mouth. "Hey everybody! Let's see off our brother, fairy, and sisters!" Gorons came and dropped down to us.

"You did great!" One goron said.

"How about a big Goron hug brother?" The two came toward me. I tried to run from the two but a third one came. Everyone was giggling. All three Gorons gave me the tightest hug I had ever felt! I tried to breathe after their hug. Peach, Rosalina, Navi, and I were off to go and retrieve the third and final stone we needed.