Chapter 9

As we were leaving, we were in the Kokri forest when we heard someone.

"Oh, you're leaving." Saria said. Link walked forward to her. "I knew... that you would leave the forest... someday, Link... because you are different from me and my friends. But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we? I want you to have this Ocarina. Please take good care of it." She placed the Ocarina in his hand, and I felt as if he had a power all of a sudden in him.

"When you play my Ocarina, I hope you will think of me and come back to the forest to visit." Link took two steps back and ran to the beginning of our journey.

"Thank you."

"What for?" Saria said.

"For being there for my older brother." I said. We all followed Link and began our journey in the outside of the Kokri Forest.

I thought that it was probably his very first time outside of the Kokri Forest since Rosalina and I were born. He was in wonder of the world. Seeing that the ground below his feet was different, the smell was different, and for the first time, he saw the blue sky, white clouds, and sun in his very own eyes.

"It seems different here than the Kokri Forest."

"Link! Listen! I know you haven't been outside before, but we must hurry if we are going to save Hyrule."

Link looked as if he was in a daze and snapped out of it a minute later. An owl flew on a tree branch in front of us.

"Hoo hoot! Look up here!" Rosalina seemed to be in wonder and shock.

"Did...that owl... just... talk?!"

"What is it Rosalina. Never seen a talking owl?"

"This place gets weirder and... Wait a minute! How do you know my name?"

"It appears the time has finally come for you to start your adventure! You will encounter many hardships ahead. That is your fate. Don't feel discouraged, even during the toughest times. Go straight this way and you will see Hyrule Castle. All right then, I'll see you around! Hoo hoot! Hoo hoot!" The owl flew away.

Then in about a two to three hour walk, we finally got to the market in front of Hyrule Castle by the time it was sunset. We walked past the markets and arrived at Hyrule Castle.

"Hey, Link! This way!" It was the owl we had just saw. "The princess is inside the castle just ahead. Be careful not to get caught by guards! Ho ho ho hoot! Good luck!" The owl flew away as the moon rose up and night came to the sky.

"Shoot!" Samus said. "There's guards over here!" Looks like we're going to have to try and get past them somehow." Samus saw a vine and started climbing, while the rest of us followed.

"Wait a minute? Where's that beautiful sound coming from?" Link said.

"What sound?" Navi seemed annoyed. "We don't have time for this!"

"Well I'm going to see!" Daisy went and Link and I followed. Samus, Rosalina, and Navi stayed behind planning.

We went back down the vine and saw a girl singing. We approached her. The beautiful music stopped.

"Oh hello! You seem to look different. Hey, you must be from another world! And you must be a fairy boy! Are you all going to the castle? Would you mind finding my dad? He must have fallen asleep somewhere around the castle. What a thing for an adult to do! Tee hee! Oh yeah, if you'll look for him, I'll give this to you. I've been incubating this egg very carefully." She handed Link the egg. "Oh by the way, my name's Malon. What's yours?"