Chapter 11

(Rosalina's Point of View):

We decided to go and visit Malon before we went because we had heard that there was a ranch nearby and thought we could get a few things there. So we went over to Lon Lon Ranch. There were horses running around all over. Beautiful horses. Horses that looked nothing like the ones I've seen. The sun was starting to set and the sky was getting darker. We saw Malon, petting one of the horses gently. We walked over to her and after she turned her head over to us, she smiled.

"Why hello. I heard you found my dad! How did you like the castle?"

"It was really big!" Link said. "And really nice."

"Well that's good. Dad came home in a hurry after you found him. Hee hee! Oh yeah! I need to introduce you to my friend. She's this horse. Her name is Epona. Isn't she cute?"

"Wow!" Peach said. "I've never seen a horse so brown and beautiful before! She's amazing!" Then the horse started running. Link was about to start petting her.

"She's really fast!!!" Link said.

"Isn't she? It seems like she's afraid of you. Wait a sec. I know what we can do! There's a song my mother composed. Let's sing it together."

"Yeah! I'll get my ocarina out!" Link said. He pulled it out.

"Alright! Ready?" She began to sing. The song was very sweet and calm. I felt as if I was relaxed by it. Link started to play the melody as well. Epona came back and started to want attention from Link.

"She absolutely LOVES that song! It looks like she really likes you Link. Hee hee!"

"Well, we better get going. We need to get to Impa's village before night."

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with Dad and I. We have room here."

" No. That's ok. We need to get there right away. We're on a secret important mission." Link said.

"Oh I see. Well, if you need anything, let me know."

"Alright then. We'll see you later."

"Bye!"

"Bye!" We all said.

We traveled to the village Impa is from but crossed paths with a path that led to the lost woods.

"Do you hear that?" Link said.

"Hear what?" I said.

"I know this song!!! SARIA!!!" He ran inside the path.

"WAIT! LINK!" Peach said. Link stopped.

"Shouldn't we probably figure out where it's coming from? There are at least three other pathways inside of here."

"Yeah. You're probably right. We all listened carefully.

"Over there!" We followed Link. We went path by path. We heard the same song louder and louder. As soon as we found where the sound was coming from, Saria was there. Sitting on what was left of the tree.

"I've been waiting for you Link." She said.

"Saria?! What are you doing here?"

"This is the Sacred Forest Meadow. It's my secret place! I feel... this place will be of great importance to the both of us someday. That's what I feel. If you play the Ocarina here, you can talk with the spirits in the forest. Try to follow along with the melody I will play. Are you ready?" She started playing it. It felt very catchy! So catchy I almost started dancing to it!!!" Link started playing it with her.

"Please don't forget this song! Do you promise?"

"Forget? I could I ever forget this song! You used to play this song all of the time!"

"When you miss me or want to hear my voice, play Saria's song. You can talk with me anytime!" She smiled.

"We better get going." Navi said. "We have a LONG way to go."

"You're right! We'll come back soon. I promise Saria. And I promise I'll never forget this song."

"You are the greatest friend a person could ever ask for Link. I'll see you soon."

"Good bye." Link said.

We went over to Kakariko Village and saw how small the village was. Chicken wandered around, about 4 small, white houses with red roofs sat on the ground, and there was a windmill with a long ladder on the side of it.

"Look!" Link said. "There's the entrance to Death Mountain."

Next to the entrance was a guard. We went over the the entryway.

"Not so fast! What do you think you kids are doing?"

"We were just going to go to Death Mountain." Link said.

"What for?"

"Who said it was your business?" I snapped.

"You have a little mouth there. Don't you miss?"

"Let us through!"

"Rosalina!" Peach said.

"Ow! My eye!." After I puched him in the eye, I struggled tto force my way through but got pushed back instead to the ground.

"Knock it off! Leave this instant or I'm going to have to escort you out!"

"No wait!" Peach said. There was pause. "We're on an important mission."

"What kind of important mission?"

"We're to retrieve something for the princess."

"The princess! You mean the princess of Hyrule."

"Yes."

"Well alright. I'll let you in.....if you get me one of the masks from the mask shop for my son."

"Where is it."

"It should be that building right there. Next to that abandoned one."

"Abandoned one?"

"Yeah! Apparently there are skullatas inside. It was said that a family once lived there and were turned into skullatas one night."

"That's a little creepy." Rosalina said.

"Alright sir. Thank you."

"You're welcome, and uh... make sure that girl doesn't blind my other eyeball. I'll get a black eye in both eyes if that happens."

"We're so sorry about that." Peach responded.

"Don't worry about it."

As we walked away, Peach gave me a glare.

She whispered in my ear. "Why did you have to do that! Do you know how much trouble we could've gotten ourselves into?!"

"He was giving me dirty looks. What else was I suppose to do?"

"Ignore them."

I rolled my eyes. I just felt as if I was so protective of myself for my whole life! Having adopted parents who never believed a word I said and overlooked me, a brother who was the most spoiled brat in the universe, and my only friend I had. My brother, Willy, who I always had to defend and would any day, even if I was punished for life! I wouldn't let anyone hurt him.