Chapter 44

Suddenly, we all saw a bright, white light.

"Link, the hero! Finally, all of us, the six Sages, have been awakened! The time for the final showdown with the King of Evil has come!" Rauru said. We cheered. "Before that, thought you should meet the one who is waiting for you. The one who is waiting for all of you at the Temple of Time.

We entered back into the Temple.

"I have been waiting for you." We turn around to find that the one waiting for us was Sheik herself. "Samus, Daisy, Rosalina, Peach, Navi, and Link, the hero of time. You all have overcome many hardships and awakened six Sages. And now, you all have a final challenge. A showdown with Ganondorf, the King of Evil. Before that, I have things I want to tell only to you. Please listen. Another unknown legend of the Triforce passed down by the shadow folk, the Sheikahs. If you would seek the sacred triangle, listen well."

We listened to every word she said.

"The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart. The heart of the one who enters it. If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil. If pure, the Realm will become a paradise. The Triforce, the sacred triangle, it is a balance that weighs the three forces. Power, Wisdom, and Courage. If the heart of the one who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts. Power, Wisdom, and Courage. Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce. The part representing the force that one most believes in. If that one seeks the True Force, that one must acquire the two lost parts. Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the Triforce mark on the backs of their hands. Seven years ago, Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, used the door you opened in the Temple of Time and entered the Sacred Realm. But when he laid his hands on the Triforce, the legend came true. The Triforce separated into three parts. Only the Triforce of Power remained in Ganondorf's hand. The strength of the Triforce of Power enabled him to become a mighty, evil king, but his dark ambitions were not satisfied. To gain complete mastery of the world, Ganondorf started looking for those chosen by destiny to hold the two other Triforce parts. The one who holds the Triforce of Courage... is you, Link."

I stood there in shock, not sure of the words to say.

"Link has the Triforce of Courage?!!!" Peach said. "Then... who has the Triforce of Wisdom?"

"The other..." Sheik said. "Who holds the Triforce of Wisdom, is the seventh Sage, who is destined to be the leader of them all." Sheik held out her hands and a light came from her hand.

"The Triforce!!!" Daisy screamed.

A great light blinded us and when we opened our eyes, it was no longer Sheik that stood in front of us, but rather...

"It is I, the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda."

"Wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha..." I couldn't come up with the words to say.

"You're...you're...you're..." Daisy pointed towards her.

"Zelda?!!" Peach and Rosalina said.

"You've been Sheik the whole time???!!!!" Navi yelled out.

Zelda giggled. "I apologize for meeting you in disguise, but it was necessary to hide from the King of Evil. Please forgive me." Zelda started to step towards us. "On that day, seven years ago, Ganondorf attacked Hyrule Castle. I saw you as I was escaping from the castle with my attendant, Impa. I thought...I thought I should entrust the Ocarina to you, Link. I thought that would be our best chance. As long as you had the Ocarina in your possession, I thought Ganondorf could never enter the Sacred Realm, but...something I could never expect happened... After you opened the door of time, the Master Sword sealed you away in the Sacred Realm. Your spirits remained in the Sacred Realm and then the Triforce fell into Ganondorf's hands. He went on to invade the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf had become the Evil King, and the Sacred Realm became a world of evil. All of this is an unfortunate coincidence." Zelda looked like she was ashamed of herself. "I passed myself off as a Sheikah and hoped that you would return." There was a pause. "I waited for seven years." She looked back up at us. "And now you are all back! The dark age ruled by Ganondorf the Evil King will end!!" We smiled at eachother. "The six Sages will open the sealed door and lure Ganondorf back into the Sacred Realm. I will then seal the door to the Sacred Realm from this world. Thus, Ganondorf, the Evil King, will vanish from Hyrule, no, the whole world. In order to do this, I need all of you to lend your courage again. Please protect me while I do my part. And here is a weapon that can penetrate the Evil King's defenses, the power given to the chosen ones. The Sacred Arrow of Light!" She lifted up her hands and a bow and arrows appeared. She handed them over to Link.

We all looked at eachother, filled with relief and happiness, ready to take on what was ahead of us.

Suddenly, the room started to shake...

Zelda looked up. "That rumbling... it can't be!!!" Suddenly, a light went around Zelda.

"Princess Zelda, you foolish traitor." I heard the voice. I knew then that it was none other than Ganondorf himself!!! "I commend you for avoiding my pursuit for seven long years. But you let your guard down. I knew you would appear if I let these kids wander around." Zelda started to scream as if in pain.

"Let her go!!!" I screamed. I kept hitting the barrier to try and get her out.

"Stop it!!!!" Peach screamed. They joined along with me, trying to hit it.

"My only mistake was to slightly underestimate the power of this kid. No, it was not the kid's power I misjudged, it was the power of the Triforce of Courage. But, with the Triforce of Wisdom that Zelda has... When I obtain these two Triforces, then I will become the true ruler of the world!!

"Stop!" Peach said.

"Let her go!!" Rosalina replied.

"I might as well take your friends as well." Suddenly, everyone, except for myself, was also trapped, even Navi! They all started to lift up into the air. I heard them screaming.

"No!! Stop!!"

"If you want to rescue your friends, come to my castle..."

He laughed as they were taken away. It was now up to me alone...