Chapter 12

(Peach's point of view):

The mask shop had an atmosphere inside that had an illusion to it. Pink curtains with flower designs above it on the walls, colorful disco balls on the ceiling, and displays of many different kinds of masks. Comedy, drama, animals, etc. In the mouth of what looked to be designed as a creature was a man standing tall with masks displayed behind him.

"Hello there! I've never seen you kids in here before!"

"Yeah. That's because we've never been in here."

"Great! I have so many masks you kids would have fun with! Especially if you love to scare and prank your own neighbors!" He seemed very jolly.

"Actually." Link replied. "We're just looking for a mask for a specific mask for a young boy."

"For a boy's birthday perhaps?"

"Something like that..."

"Well look around. Look around. I've got all sorts of masks that a boy could wear."

"What about that one?" Peach pointed to the Keaton mask.

"Perfect! Just what a boy would love to have!" He pulled the mask off of the display. He was being really annoying.

"Here you go kids."

"Thank you so much!"

We walked out of the mask shop. Rosalina was standing next to the entryway, leaning on the wall.

"You should go in their Rose! Peach said. "It's so amazing in there!"

"I'll pass. I'm not interested in stupid masks." We walked back over to the guard.

"Order up! One mask for you sir!" Link said.

"Thank you! My boy will totally dig this!!! Well, since you got this mask like I asked, I'll let you pass. But don't tell anyone I did this for you. I could get into a lot of trouble."

"Thank you so much!"

We got to the top of Death Mountain and found an opening that was blocked by rock. I heard a noise coming our way.

"Incoming!" Link said. We ran backward from a small road on our right. The noise became louder and louder. A rock looking figure rolled our way and smashed into the wall. It's form changed into what looked like a big, brown creature. He scratched his head and stood up. He turned around and saw us.

"Sorry about that. I was practicing on my rolls for our performance we're doing for Darunia tonight."

"Darunia?" Link replied.

"Yeah you know? The boss of us Gorons?"

"Oh... right... Well, actually we'd like to speak to this boss of yours."

"You wanna talk to Darunia?"

"Yeah. Do you know where he is? It's really important."

"Well, he's locked himself up in his throne room for at least three days now."

"Really? What's wrong?"

"No one knows."

"Can you show us where he is?"

"Well I don't know if he'll wanna talk to anyone."

"Please." I said.

"Alright. I'll take you to him."

"Oh thank you so much!"

"No prob! Follow me."

We went inside and saw that it was like a city. Gorons rolled around on each level, rock was everywhere, with tightropes above us and decorated pots by doorways. Rock built rooms made for each activity and talent. Long, specially made rock tables where each Goron sat, ate, and brought joy to others. At the bottom floor was a large goron rock statue.

"So why did you all come to Goron city?"

"To fight Ganondorf." Link replied.

"Ganondorf? Well you're not gonna find him here."

"We're looking for a specific thing to defeat him with. A spiritual stone. Perhaps you've heard of it before."

"I've heard the legends before. Is it really true?"

"Yeah. At least that's what the princess told us."

"You mean you've met the princess?"

"Sure have."

"Wow! I've always wanted to meet her. I've heard she's beautiful! What's she like?"

"Well," Peach said. "She's kind, beautiful, wise-"

"Oh gosh... Let's just get to Darunia ok?" Rosalina said annoyed.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" I said teasingly.

"Pfft! No! Why would ME of all people be jealous of a loser like her?"

"Why would you call the princess; the PRINCESS of all people that?" The goron defended.

"Ok" Navi said. "I think that's enough."

I rolled my eyes. The goron led us to tall doors.

"He's right in here. But there's one thing."

"What's that?"

"Do you have anything to show that you are messengers of the royal family?"

"Well... Oh yes! The Royal family's song!" Navi replied.

"That's right! Good thinking Navi!" Link pulled out his ocarina.

"Thank you so much for bringing us here." I said. The goron nodded and rolled away. Link played the tune with his ocarina. The tall, rock doors opened. We went in through the open doors and walked through a long hall. It showed pictures on the walls of previous rulers of Goron City. There were so many. I thought to myself how none of us back at home could of known about all of these amazing things and the history behind each and every piece of these things. We went through a small opening and there stood Darunia in front of his throne, along with torches on both sides of it.