Chapter 27

Chapter 27 (Peach's Point Of View):

We got to Kakariko Village and realized the sky was darker there than usual and there was a dark red light coming from the top of Death Mountain. We walked around.

"So, what did Sheik want us to come here for?" I said.

"I'm guessing she wanted us to come for new weapons." Link replied.

As soon as we went and equipped ourselves, we decided to go and visit Dampe, the gravekeeper and see how he was. As we were heading over, we heard screaming that sounded like it was coming from the graveyard.

"What was that?!"

"It was a ghost man! Didn't you see?!"

"Yeah but..."

"Yeah what? We gotta scram!" The two men ran away terrified.

"What was that about I wonder?" Navi said.

"I don't know. I say we go check it out!" Link said.

We went into the graveyard and saw the shed Dampe usually was in. We walked inside and found it empty with his chair and little table. We walked back out.

"Dampe? Dampe? Are you here?" Link said. We walked up the little hill to our left when we were hit by what looked like a ghost!

"It's a Poe!" Navi said. "That must be what the two men were terrified of! It's grave must have been disturbed. Link! Its eyes are red! Look out!" Link dodged its attack and tried to slash it with his sword but it disappeared. "That was a close one."

"Guys." Daisy said. "You might wanna come and see this." We walked over to see Dampe's name on one of the tombstones.

"He's dead?" Link said.

"Yep! And it says on his tombstone to pull it and go inside the hole? Ok..." Daisy replied. Link walked behind the tombstone and tried to pull it so we helped him out.

"There's the hole." Samus said. We looked down the hole to see what was down there.

"I'll go down and see." Link said.

"I'll come with you." Navi responded.

"You sure?" Samus said.

"Yeah. I'll be ok."

"Alright."

Link took a deep breath and jumped down into the hole.

(Link's Point Of View):

I looked around and found dark gray stones around and fire posts.

"Heh heh heh." A figure appeared in the shadow.

"Who's there?!" I pulled my sword out. "Come out!"

A ghost came out and had a halo above his head.

"Remember me?"

"Dampe?!"

"Heh heh heh, young man! Are you fast on your feet?" I gave him a strange look. "I may not look like it but I'm confident in my speed! Let's have a race! Follow me if you dare!"

He started to float off. I let my curiosity get in the way and followed him. As I ran around the corner, fire flew out of his hand. I was shocked but quickly dodged it and kept running after him. I ran hallway after hallway, keeping my pace behind him as fast as possible. He was indeed faster than I thought. I ran into a platform and quickly climbed up. I kept running after him until finally we came to a stop. I tried to catch my breath.