Chapter 28

(Two days later...)

"Hey Talon!" Link said.

"Did you save Malon?"

"Yeah! We beat Ingo at a race and apparently we found out today that he doesn't have enough rupees to keep going with the ranch because of the bet we made! 50 rupees!" Link handed Talon the rupees.

"That means he's not going to be able to have the ranch anymore! Which means I can go back!!! What was the bet?"

"A horse race." I said.

"And don't forget that we also got to keep the horse..." Daisy said. She was such a chatterbox that she told him the whole story of what happened.

"This is amazing! Thank you so much! I'm goin' back to the ranch then! Yeehah!" Talon went all around the room and danced with the other people in the room. They were confused on why he was so happy and why he was being so loud. Talon packed his things quickly and raced out. We followed him outside and saw him running as fast as possible. "I'm comin' home!!!"

(Link's Point Of View):

"So now what?" Daisy said.

"Well, Sheik said that there was a Sage in a deep forest. Over at the Forest Temple." Peach said. "Link? Do you have any idea where that would possibly be?"

"She might be talking about the Lost Woods!" I said.

"Then let's go there." Samus said.

So from there we traveled through Hyrule and went to the Lost Woods. We heard Saria's song in the forest and it would get louder when we got closer. As we got closer and closer, we ran into one of the familiar faces I remember before my journeys began. It was none other than Mido, one of the Kokri children. As always, he wouldn't let just ANYONE continue on.

"What are you?" Mido said. "Though you wear Kokirish clothing, you can't fool me! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here."

"Mido! It's me! Remember?" Link said.

"No I don't. Now step aside."

"It's me! Link!"

"Nice try but you can't fool me! Link was a Kokri child! There's no way he would be able to fully grow up! Kokri children ALWAYS are children!"

"Please! We just want to get through! At least do that?!" Rosalina said.

"I never thought YOU'D say please!" Daisy said.

"Oh be quiet!" Rosalina said.

"No! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here!"

"I know..." I whispered to myself. I played the song that Saria taught me. Mido's eyes widened as he listened to the tune.

"That melody?! Saria plays that song all the time! You...do know Saria? That song. Saria taught that song only to her friends. Ok. I trust you." He looked up. "When I see you I don't know why but I remember... him." Mido scooted over to the side as we passed into the opening pathway.

We continued on until coming onto a pathway that looked as if it was a maze.

"What was that noise?" Peach said.

"They sound like Moblins!" Navi said. "Link listen! From here on, we'll be going through some narrow passages. If you take it slow, maybe you can sneak up on some enemies."

"Got it!" I agreed. We slowly hid behind each corner from the Moblins we faced and I hit each of them with my Hookshot in order to destroy it and keep going through the maze. At the end of the maze was an even bigger Moblin than the rest that had a huge hammer in his hand to try and hit us with, however, I destroyed it with three hits. We went up the set of stairs in front of us and ended up at a dead end.

"The opening must be up there! That must be the Forest Temple!" Peach said. Then someone jumped down from the tree and walked towards us.

"The flow of time is always cruel." Sheik said. "Its speed seems so different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days. In order to come back here again, play the Minuet of Forest." Sheik pulled out her harp and started to play the soft tune. Link played along with his ocarina. "Link. I'll see you again." Sheik pulled out a Deku nut and disappeared after hitting it onto the ground.

"Hold onto me." I said. "We're going in." Both Peach and Rosalina grabbed a hold of me and I lifted them up with my Hookshot, coming back down for Samus and Daisy afterwards.