35. My Past

Hey everyone! Thanks for making it this far. Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share! Votes help boost the chance for additional chapters, and potentially a second book. Thanks!

My feet stop in their tracks as I reach the end of the dock. Sobs and whimpers escape my feeble body. I stare down into the sea, noticing the large rocks and harsh waves.

Just one step..

*Flynn's POV*

I head to my next class of the day. Sadly, I'm stuck with Jason in this class. During class, I avoid him at all means. I sit across the class, near the door. This way, I can leave faster than him when class ends. I don't need him talking to me after everything he did to Hannah and Ericka.

About halfway through the class, I notice Jason checking his phone a lot. I decide to ignore it, not really caring. He asks the teacher to go to the bathroom, which he then excuses himself. A few minutes later, he bursts through the door and grabs his bag.

He then proceeds to walk towards the exit, past me. "Mr. Larson, where do you think you're going? Class isn't over yet!" The teacher shouts at Jason, who ignores him. He walks past my seat and I notice tears emerging from his face.

What's gotten into him? Did he finally realize what a horrible person he is? If so, no wonder he's crying.

About thirty minutes later, I get a call from a number I don't recognize. I excuse myself, answering the call alone in the middle of the hallway.

"Hello? Who is this?" I say into my phone. "Hi, I'm looking for Flynn Kessler." A lady responds into the phone. "That's me, who is this?" I question once more. "My apologies, I'm Dr. Smith. I'm contacting you in regards to Jason Larson" She says to me.

"What about him?" I ask with an irritated tone. "Well, the thing is.. Um.." She says, taking a long time to respond.

"Well, I'll let Mr. Larson explain. Anyways, I got a hold of your number through a hospital in New York. I already explained everything to Mr. Larson, but he was very taken back by the news; as anyone would be. You're his friend, right?" She questions me through the phone.

"We were, but not anymore" I say into the phone.

"Mr. Kessler, I don't exactly know what happened between you two but the thing is, Jason is very alone right now. He needs someone, anyone. It's your choice if you want to speak to him, but the thing is.. He ran out of the hospital in tears after receiving some very heartbreaking news. I'm actually afraid he might make a huge mistake. I just wanted to call and explain the situation somewhat. Normally, we would call a guardian or parent but it looks like we don't have anyone else in file. Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. Sorry for troubling you" She says to me and I hang up the phone.

What the heck is going on?

I decide to at least talk to him, but I'm not sure it's going to make much of a difference though. He really hurt Hannah. I can't forgive him for that. I decide to talk to him tomorrow at school, since he left and I'm not sure if he's even in the school anymore.

After school, I grab my things from my locker and walk out to my car with everything on my mind. I think I'm going to go get my mind off things.. I really need it about now.

I sit down in my car and drive off. Inconveniently enough, it starts storming. I arrive at the once warm and sunny beach, only to find the entire area soaked with water and strong winds. The sea water shoves against the large rocks and the dock, creating a swoosh sound.

well obviously I'm not going to get any thinking done here since it started storming.. I'll just head home then.

I grab my key, putting it inside the ignition. I power on my window wipers. I look closer at the dock, vaguely piecing together a figure that's being pushed around like a rag doll against the wind. I get out of the car and run up to the dock to get a better look. I notice a person walking on the dock, very slowly.