5. A Song And A Friend

I decided on Loren Allred's voice because it's perfect for this book. (all rights in terms of music go towards him) PS. don't play the song until directed to in the chapter for added affect.
(https://youtu.be/6z7Zo4gvuJo)
in case it doesnt load for some people.

*Emma's POV*

After getting home from school I wanted to check on Jason just to be sure he's ok. He has beengetting so much bs from the guys around school and every now and then, I like to check up on him.

We've been through too much in too little time. When I entered his room, my heart immediately sunk. "Jason.. what are you doing?" "I-" Before he could speak, I found my arms around him in tears asI began to comfort him.

I grab whatever deformed piece of metal he was using to cut himself, and throw it across the room. We began sobbing together as I hold him closely, as though he would slip out of my arms and I would never be able to see him again. "I'm so sorry" he mumbles under his sobs.

*Jason's POV*

The door opened and Emma stood inside the door frame. I look up at her, seeing her eyes in tears and her hand over her mouth. "I-" She cuts me off with a warm embrace, and we find ourselves crying in each other's shoulders.

"I'm so sorry" I say stuttering under my breath. "I just have so much built up anger, sadness, and a bunch of bruises." I explain. "I didn't mean to drag you into my problems again, Emma." I say with a cry. She then tightens her grip around me and we sit there in silence for quite some time.

The next day, I realize I need to do something about these built up emotions. I can't continue to suppress this feeling. One way I was always able to do this was with music. No matter what my feelings were, I would always be able to express them with my voice.

Now I'm no Ariana Grande, But it's a way for me to cope with everything that has happened in my life. After school that day, I head to the music room. There is a huge ass grand piano in the room. I look around, seeing no one in the room.

I was going to ask the teacher if I could play, but she wasn't around. This felt like something I really need to do, so I sit down on the bench and stare at the black piano in front of me.

*Play the song*

As I'm singing, I lose all the thoughts overflowing inside me and begin to release them all throughout the process of singing while playing the gorgeous piano in front of me. I completely forget about all the troubles in my life and the issues within myself.

After finishing the song, I see a shadow in the corner of my eye and turn around to see a girl standing there in awe. "That was amazing!" She says with a huge ass grin on her face. "Oh my GaWwD you literally have a voice of an angel!" She says with exhilarated excitement. "I'm Ericka, it's nice to finally meet you husband."

She says extending her hand to shake mine. I can't help but to cough up a chuckle with a grin on my face before shaking her hand."My name's Jason. Jason West Larson" I tell her, expecting she would immediately run from me like a chicken with it's head cut off.

She looks at me with a questioning look. "You're Jason, as in loser loser Larson?" She says. "Ah- no" that's not my name I respond. She looks at me with an apologetic smile. We leave the music room and she suddenly pulls out a card, handing it to me.

It seems to be a slip with a bunch of social media contacts. It even has her Instagram and her personal phone number on it. "What's this?" I question. "It's a list of all my social media profiles, including snapchat, facebook, Instagram, discord, twitter, and what's-app" she responds.

I don't even know what half of those things are..

I think to myself but decide not to tell her that, thinking she wouldn't want to talk to me if I didn't have all of those accounts as well.

"I always cary those cards on me, I printed over five hundred" she says. "W-Why?" I ask. "because! I like to keep up with everything around me"she responds. "Ok, I'll check out your Instagram, but let me just warn you that I don't use Instagram much.

The best way to get a hold of me is probably by text or call" I say. She nods in agreement and walks out of the room, only to bring back two other people. "Do the thing!" she says in excitement, nearly jumping up and down. "but I-" One of her friends interrupts me. "Ericka don't you know who this is? That's loser loser Larson, he doesn't know how to play piano" He says with a smirk on his face.

"Shut the fuck up Troy, you haven't even heard him play yet!" Ericka snaps. "Just play the shit, Larson" She says looking at me with an annoyed look. I decide I don't want to upset her and get yelled at, so I start to play the piano in front of me.

Immediately, her two friends ran up close to me and stared at my hand movements, inspecting them. They probably thought I was faking it and it was pre-recorded or something.

Guess again dummies.

Before I realize it, I was singing the words of the song, and when I finished I turned towards the three of them.

All three of them were Jaw-dropped. I was confused why Ericka was this surprised, since I had just played it for her a couple minutes ago. "Period. What were you saying now troy?" Ericka snaps in irritation and amusement.

They both stood there looking at me like I'm Michael Jackson who came back from the dead to play them a song. Ericka interrupts again. "guys why you sitting there like you got a stick up yo ass? introduce yourselves... And apologize for questioning my husband!" she responds.

The other girl looks at troy. "yeah troy, apologize!" She says while looking at him. "Wha- How are y'all gonna gang up on me? You were thinking the same thing as me, Emily!" He shouts towards her. I couldn't help but to crack a laugh. I can tell they are a rowdy bunch.

I like it. "ok look, I'm sorry for questioning you, Ericka's husband. And the name's Troy." He responds. "I'm Emily, nice to meet you!" She says in an upbeat tone. "Aww look at my hoes! perfect, I'll text you their numbers, Jason." she says.

Before I could object, she had already left with Troy and Emily. As this happens, I hear a shout from the hallway. "Nice meeting you husband!" Erica shouts from the hall. I head towards my house and lay in bed, thinking everything over. I need to work on that project with Flynn more.

I question everything, thinking about everything, from meeting Ericka, to my situation with Flynn and drift off to sleep.

Maybe this could be good for me?

.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! it was longer than anticipated. Please show your support to vote, and comment! It really makes me happy knowing people enjoy my writing. (The more votes, the more possibility for a second book).