Chapter 36

Stepping off the bus, I walk towards the back entrance of the arena and spot Derek standing around with some other crew members

"She's good. Real good," I hear Derek's voice.

"Damn, bro. You got lucky. Joslyn's hot," I hear one of the crew members say.

"Yeah, she is." I look over to see Derek's smug grin. "Can't keep her hands off me."

I don't know what I want to do more. Vomit or punch him straight in the mouth.

"Don't talk about her like that," I warn.

Derek's face falters momentarily, caught off guard, before smirking again. "Is someone jealous I got to her first?" he taunts.

My blood begins to boil and my hands involuntarily clinch into fists. "Just keep your mouth shut," I growl, walking up to him.

"Or what?" he presses, coming to stand toe to toe with me. "You want to know just how good she really is? How well she can-"

"Shut up!" I shove him in his chest and he goes stumbling backwards.

Rage flares through his eyes and he steps forward, throwing a hard right hook to my face. Before he can throw another one, I quickly block him and throw a punch of my own. A sickening crack is heard when my fist collides with his nose. He falters for a moment, grabbing his nose. When he pulls his hand away, there's blood and that seems to add fuel to his fire. He throws another punch, hitting me in the jaw and we keep at it.

"Stop!" Joslyn comes running out of the bus, wedging herself between us to stop the fight.

I immediately step back when she gets between us, but Derek isn't over with the fight just yet. Trying to take a swing at me, he accidentally ends up punching Joslyn in the shoulder. She hisses in pain and clutches her shoulder.

"You fucker!" I shout, stepping forward and grabbing Derek by the collar of his t-shirt, throwing him to the ground.

"Stop!" Joslyn desperately yells as Derek and I roll around on the concrete, the crew members cheering us on.

As much as I want to listen to her, all I can see is red. Blocking her out, I keep throwing punches, giving Derek what he deserves.

"Knock it off!" A deep voice booms, making me stop in my tracks. Milo grabs me by the back of the shirt, pulling me off of Derek and shoving me towards the entrance. "Get inside!"

Anger courses through me as I stomp into the arena, going to my dressing room. Halfway through the backstage halls, a small hand grabs mine, making me stop in my tracks. Spinning around, I'm met with Joslyn's wide, sad eyes.

With her free hand, she reaches up to gently brush her fingers across my cheek. My jaw clinches in pain and she instantly pulls her hand away. "Come on," she whispers, pulling me towards my dressing room.