❄️ Chapter 36 ❄️

Quick little recap since it's been so long since I updated hehe.

-we found out that Stardust, Daze and Glaze are hybrids

-Winter finally told Moon he loved her

The fight was over in a flash:

Winter clawed, kicked and thrashed his way through NightWing after NightWing careful not to cause them too much harm. He refrained from using his frostbreath and sharp tail. Moon would want to save them. They didn't yet understand the consequences of what they had signed up for.

Soon, he had joined Stardust at the peak of the battlefield. There was a new fire in her glassy, blue eyes.

NightWings flung themselves at her screaming TRAITOR but she shrugged them off like flies.

Eventually, there were too many NightWings sitting between them and the Master. They needed to quickly find a way through them.

If we hit the skies, we'll most certainly be bought back down.

We can't fight them all off alone.

Stardust let out a firm shot of frostbreath (which Winter would question later) and followed up with a fiery blast. The ground between them and the NightWing army sizzled and boiled. They weren't getting over that.

"It won't hold them off for long." Winter said, "We're way outnumbered."

"Oh no no no we've only just reached the climax Igloo-face!" Stardust pointed one long claw to the sky where all of a sudden hovered a battalion of RainWings lead by Deathbringer and Queen Glory. They definitely weren't there a second ago.

Glory landed in front of Winter with a thud. She narrowed her eyes at the NightWing army. "Stand down now and maybe I'll let you stay in my Rainforest."

"Go!" Stardust said to Winter, "take the chance while they're all distracted."

With a burst of energy and determination, he took off into the air, soaring over the army, without looking back.

Approaching the Master alone was a little intimidating especially considering that he seemed to know everything that was going on in Winter's head. He checked and was thankful that his SkyFire rock had stayed in his pouch. But that didn't reassure him at all.

"Well I should be honoured." The Master sneered. "I'm greeted by the one and only IceWing to fall for a NightWing in what... two thousand years. I'm sure your parents would be so proud."

Rage bubbled inside of Winter. "You know, Master, I really don't care anymore. My parents have run my life from the day I was born! They'd be freaking out if they knew about all the things I've done recently. But I don't care! I can love whoever I want to! Now if you don't mind, surrender before Queen Glory and her army come here to arrest you."

The Master only laughed. "You're telling me I should be scared of a bunch of clueless RainWings? Queen Glory doesn't rule me at all! I am the rightful NightWing King!"

"That's where you are wrong," Winter said, "what happened to this whole incredible dooms-day prophecy? I don't see any fire or ice storms or collapsing mountains. You've already lost Master!"

"That's where you are wrong IceWing." The Master countered with another sickly smile. "Your sister is on her way with your little SandWing and RainWing friend and my secret weapon. Turtle is too rattled to fight after I tricked him into killing your aunt. And, if I really wanted to, I could wipe out every IceWing on Pyrrhia right now. Sometimes a prophecy isn't what it seems."