❄️ Chapter 28 ❄️

A/N: New characters coming soon. I promise you'll like this!

This now has over 7k reads! Thank you so much! This story has been the heart and soul of my writing for almost a year now (and it still ain't finished lol). I have 100 followers now too! Please enjoy!

Winter was sick of thinking this: they had played into the Master's talons once more.

He wished he didn't understand why Turtle did it. But everyone did. He wanted to make things right between his friends; Moon and Winter especially.

Kinkajou couldn't hold in her emotions any longer. She wrapped her arms around Moon and cried into Winter's shoulder. He patted her head awkwardly, trying not to blame himself.

"We'll get him back." He assured her, "Turtle's just confused. I promise we'll get him back."

"Turtle's smart. He'll come to his senses soon." Qibli said, giving Winter a meaningful look.

Moon gulped. "My visions say otherwise." She whispered, so Kinkajou couldn't hear over her sobs.

Winter had never felt so helpless and negative.

The Master had everything he needed to put his plan into action; Icicle, Turtle, magic, mind-control and a whole army of mindless NightWings.

"What could his Master Plan be?" Qibli asked, after their RainWings friend had calmed down slightly.

"We think he wants to go to war with the IceWings." Winter said, through gritted teeth.

"An unfair, cruel, earth-shattering war." Moon added.

Kinkajou shuddered. "Why the IceWings?"

"How else to gain the NightWings' trust? They despise the IceWings and have for centuries. Defeating them would only lure more NightWings to his army." Qibli explained. Winter was grateful for the SandWing's intelligence. If anyone could decipher the Master's plan, it's Qibli. "Once his popularity as a leader grows amongst the NightWings, he'll be invincible."

"You're suggesting he wants to take over Pyrrhia?" Kinkajou asked.

Qibli nodded. "That's exactly what I'm suggesting. He has everything he needs to do so."

Realisation hit Winter. No. No he doesn't have everything needed for a war. He has an Animus powers and an army but no army to fight. The IceWings are still heavily guarded up in the north, clueless to the fact that there is a secret organisation plotting against them.

"Of course! I wonder how he's planning to involve the IceWings." Moon said, after Winter explained the obvious flaw in the Master Plan.

"Using Winter and Icicle as bait probably. Like an exchange." Qibli said.

"That could work." Winter's heart dropped. "Mother and Father would go to world's end to make sure Icicle is safe. She's their protégé and hopeful heir to the throne. Her safety means everything to them."

Moon gave Winter a look as he fell silent. A look full of sympathy and a whole lot more.

"Then we need to warn them somehow." Kinkajou said, her once-drained voice full of sudden determination.

"I have an idea." Qibli said, fiddling with his amber earring nervously. "But I'm not too sure how it will work."

"Shoot. We're out of options anyway." Moon shrugged her shoulders.

"What if Winter and I headed to the Ice Kingdom to warn them? They'd listen to a prince and a SandWing - their closest allies in the war - wouldn't they?" Qibli explained, using his I'm-trying-not-to-sound-smart-but-I-can't-help-it voice. "Moon and Kink could seek help in the Rainforest. Queen Glory would believe and trust you with her life. With the Master's lack of security, escaping shouldn't be too difficult."