❄️ Chapter 22 ❄️

A/N: So how do you guys feel about Stardust and her brothers?

Good? Okay, be prepared for some shocking plot twists and drama coming up!

Winter never imagined he would be in this situation. Running after his NightWing crush, with three vengeful dragons from a tribe he's supposed to hate. Three weeks ago, he was sitting up in his bland, cold room trying to avoid being yelled at. Three weeks ago, he was polishing his second circle necklace and catching seals for Queen Glacier. Three weeks ago, if someone told him he'd be on a dangerous mission to save his mind-controlled sister, falling in love with a NightWing and becoming semi-friends with a smart-alec Outclaw, he would've told them they're delusional.

Truth be told, Winter definitely wasn't the same dragon he had been less than a month ago.

Stardust gestured for them to shush and glared especially at Daze, who had rambled about the horrible volcanic conditions all the way through the tunnels. Apparently, he and his brother had an extreme dislike for high temperatures; Winter's kind of dragons!

They had reached a steep tunnel ramp that lead - hopefully - to this grand meeting. Winter found it easy enough to climb as his sharp claws provided just enough grip. The other three had obviously been up and down here on many occasions, just not for any special events.

The NightWings were quick and quiet on their feet, like they had been trained assassins their whole life.

Winter's ears perked up. He could hear voices and muffled chatter from the next chamber. There was a large, makeshift, rotten-bark door blocking the entrance to the meeting chamber. Light glowed through the cracks giving Winter an eerie sense of dread. He took a deep breath. He hoped Stardust had some sort of plan.

"I know a better way in," Stardust said, in a listen-to-me-or-else type of tone. Glaze smiled at Winter like he should be looking forward to this.

Stardust lead them through a tight, short, branched-off tunnel that was so hidden in the shadows, Winter hadn't noticed it before. He could understand how it was "secret." He and Daze had to squeeze awkwardly to fit however Stardust popped through with ease and Daze did so much more gracefully.

Winter pressed his body against the tunnel wall as they walked in an attempt to eavesdrop. He was hoping to perhaps hear Moon or Icicle's voice to reassure him they were safe. He could only hear what must've been the Master's voice, but couldn't make out any words.

Near the end of the cramped tunnel, Stardust crawled through an impossibly small hole. Winter had no choice but to follow suit, cramming his body through after the small NightWing. She whisper-scolded him for making so much noise after he emerged, glad to be rid of confined spaces

They were huddled behind a large rock. All Winter could see of the chamber were a few pairs of black talons and pools of simmering lava. He didn't dare peek out and look around.

The Master's familiar voice sent shivers once again down Winter's spine. "Well now that's sorted!" he announced, leaving the NightWings to whisper and shuffle around a bit. Winter wondered what that could possibly mean. "As you know, I plan to put our plan into place as soon as possible. But our new visitors have... delayed our work slightly."

Winter turned to Stardust with a 'do you have any idea what that means?' expression. She only looked at him gravely. Of course, the Jade Winglet were those "visitors".

Commotion erupted amongst the army. Winter guessed that there could've been about two-hundred? He caught something like "a bunch of dragonets?!" "Why are we slowing down for a bunch of three year old's?" someone hissed.