🌙 Chapter 14 🌙

Blood rushed to Moon's head as she lost control of her limbs. Woozy and terrified, she stumbled backwards into Winter's arms. The grief and remorse for Carnelian had vanished as visions poured into Moon's mind.

She could barely hear the panicked, concerned voice of Winter shouting her name as echoes and screams pierced her ears. His talons vigorously shook her shoulders. She had never undergone a vision this awful and intense.

There were vague images of heavy black smoke, and scenes of IceWings' dead bodies lying in large pools of blue blood. Winter's sister stood, viciously over Moon poised to attack. The ground shook violently as a group of NightWings fled from the area, stomping through blue and red blood. The twin peaks of Jade Mountain wavered in the far off distance as trees fell in its path. And a vision of Turtle kneeling before a large, freaky, dragon-like shape, frightened Moon most of all.

A deep, familiar voice similar to Icicle's warped voice rang in Moon's ears during the horrific vision and poured out of her own mouth. It chanted repetitively;

"Beware your own minds,

The cost will take dragon kind,

Voices in the air won't lie,

For they have caused some to die,

Don't trust those closest to you,

Rely on those you don't speak to,

Or night and ice will crumble,

And the past will come back to haunt you."

Moon's eyes flickered open and she found herself looking into Winter's speechless expression. His lips moved as if he wanted to say something but couldn't quite manage it. Moon couldn't produce a sound from her mouth either. She was worried that if she spoke, the creepy prophecy would spill out again.

"Was that a... p-prophecy?" Qibli broke the eerie silence.

Moon nodded her head slowly with a woeful expression. The Jade Winglet had no idea. What she had seen in her head was much worse than what had come out of her mouth. (Not that it made any more sense than the cryptic prophecy.)

Kinkajou had turned completely white. She looked like she was about to be sick all over Carnelian's corpse. Tears fell from her cheeks just like Moon as she stared with remorse at the SkyWing.

"What are we going to do with her?" Kinkajou choked out. Moon liked it how the little RainWing cared about all her friends, no matter how awful they were to her or even if she barely knew them.

Qibli bent down beside Carnelian. Moon wanted to get up and join them but she couldn't stand. Still traumatised and scarred from her vision, she found stability and slight comfort in Winter's strong arms. When she was in his presence, she didn't need to worry as much about what the future could hold. She didn't have time right now to worry about how she could stop this catastrophe from happening.

"Carnelian tried to get revenge," Moon explained, "but Icicle was smarter, stronger and got to her first." She gave Winter a sympathetic look.

Winter gulped. "I didn't think Icicle would ever do something like this," he said.

"I don't think it was her fault," Moon stood up feeling less dizzy and gently brushed Winter's wing with hers, "She wasn't herself and probably still isn't." He was clearly worried about her. Icicle could be in serious danger. "Don't worry, we'll find her. This just means that we're one step closer to bringing Icicle home."

"Moon!" Qibli called, "I think we've found something."

Moon and Winter hurried over to Qibli and the others. The SandWing was reading a crumpled up note; Help me Winter! - NightWing Island

"I found it in Carnelian's library card pouch," Qibli explained gravely.

"Does it mean the volcano island?" Kinkajou asked with a surprising hint of anger in her tone.

"I think so, but who wrote it?" Moon turned to Winter.

"It looks like Icicle's handwriting," Winter's eyes lit up, "She's in trouble! We have to save her! Now at least we know where she's gone."

"Woah slow down Winter. How do we know we can trust this note? What if it's fake? Remember Icicle isn't Icicle right now!" Moon said.

"It's my sister, we have to save her!" Winter growled plucking the note out of Qibli's talons, "It's written in her handwriting, I'm sure of it! I'm leaving for the Rainforest now!"

"We're going with you!" Kinkajou declared, "Remember we were in this together from the beginning! Plus, maybe finding Icicle is what the prophecy wants us to do!" She took to the air with Qibli and Turtle and began their journey to the NightWing island.

"Are you sure Winter?" Moon asked him softly, looking deep into his magnificent blue eyes. She wished right now, that she could hear what he was thinking. She wanted to know what he really thought of her at the moment. She also wanted to make sure he wasn't about to yell at her because she doubted his decision.

"Positive." Winter said determinedly, taking off with a last glance at Carnelian's body.

Moon still had a bad feeling about this.

A/N: I'm so proud of myself for writing my very own prophecy. I hope it wasn't too cheesy. More Winterwatcher is coming up in the next few chapters!