🌙 Chapter 33 🌙

A/N: Can I take a moment to SCREAM ABOUT 10K READS WOOO HOOO!

Also I'm sorry for the delay! I completely forgot what I wanted to happen in the next few chapters. I should really write down my ideas somewhere huh?

It's short, but at least it's something. Remember to vote and comment.

"Where exactly are we going?" Daze asked after tripping over yet another stray tree branch.

"I-I just have a feeling..." Moon answered, pushing forward. She wasn't sure what exactly she was looking for, but there was this force urging her to keep walking north. The Rainforest Kingdom was far behind them. They were on the outskirts of MudWing territory now.

Winter walked alongside Moon, hissing and muttering in anger whenever the forces of Mother Nature messed with him. Moon on the other talon, had missed the feeling of fresh mud between her claws and wet leaves smacking her scales. It felt like home. That made it harder to think about leaving it again.

"Is this what having powers is actually like? I used to think I would grow up and be able to read minds and see my future but now... it doesn't sound so miraculous." Stardust said, changing the subject from caterpillars to Moon's powers. After Moon had told the triplets about her abilities (and promised to stay out of their heads), they had taken it surprisingly well:

"I suspected something was up with this one." Stardust had said.

Stardust saw it more as an opportunity rather than a curse. An opportunity to face the Master with his own stupid powers; to fight fire with fire. Moon just wasn't sure that being able to see vague glimpses into the future would be enough to face the Master's animus magic.

Especially now with Turtle, a fresh new animus, by his side.

"How long have we been walking for?" Glaze asked, dragging his feet behind Moon.

"In the Ice Kingdom, the Queen ordered us on occasional hunting trips to prove we were worthy of the higher ranks," Winter explained. "We would walk in two feet snow and across vast plains of ice for days until we were successful."

"I guess IceWings aren't living in perfect heaven after all." Stardust said.

Winter shrugged. "It's made me the dragon I am today. I'd be someone completely different if I hadn't been through what I've been through."

"Heh, imagine Winter as a RainWing," Stardust laughed. Moon cracked up, picturing the IceWing with his feelings splashed all over his scales, dozing in a hammock and chewing on papaya.

But their good mood was soon interrupted by an alarming explosion.

Winter instinctively flared his spiky tail and the NightWings hissed, their blue eyes flicking left an right to try and spot where the sound had come from. Moon listened out for any nearby thoughts in the silence that followed the explosion. She was unsuccessful and decided to take to the skies.

Over to the north-west, beyond the Rainforest trees was the southern route the Claws of The Clouds Mountains. They were just north of Jade Mountain.

The biggest of the mountains was blanketed in thick black smoke; not the kind that comes from fire. No, this was the same poisonous smoke Moon had seen reoccurring in her past visions and dreams. Chills ran down her spine.

"I don't remember Agate Mountain looking like this in drawings." Stardust said, beating her wings beside Moonwatcher.

"This is the Master's doing," she said, as if it wasn't already obvious. "He's trying gauge Pyrrhia's attention and lure them into his death trap. We need to stop him before he can put his plan into action."

"Agate Mountain. Why does that sound so familiar?" Winter murmured.

And why does the Master want to carry out his prophecy here?

"What's our plan?" Glaze and Daze asked simultaneously. Moon could hear in their thoughts that they were scared. There was a lot on the line here.

"Like the prophecy says; with night and ice."