🌙 Chapter 2 🌙

At first, Moon was very wary of Winter. On the outside he was cold, harsh and a little mean but inside he was a whole lot more. Most of his tough exterior was because of his past. Deep down he hated himself more than he hated anyone else.

Winter's mind was confusing to say the least. One second he says something nasty. The next second he regrets it. One second he wants to get as far away from Jade Mountain as possible. The next second he wanted to stay. One second he absolutely hates his winglet. A second later he doesn't mind hanging out with the others.

Moon felt that she needed to explore more of Winter's heart. He shows absolutely no emotion on the outside but inside he is an emotional wreck.

Moon knew that Winter hated her. He hated all NightWings. But I'm not like all NightWings, I'm different. I have a rare power most of my tribe could only dream of.

But I don't need other dragons to know about my abilities. They would judge me, experiment on me and no one would trust me. I don't want to be judged and treated differently just because I'm telepathic and a seer.

She knew it was wrong to keep secrets from her friends but she had only known them for three days. If everyone knew about what she could do, Moon would have no friends, Winter would hate her even more and she would get kicked out of Jade Mountain Academy.

Moon didn't want to be hated.

Winter had a grudge against NightWings that ran deep. His mind would never change. It was only day three and she had already made an enemy. If he chose to hate her just because of her tribe than that was fine by Moon. (Kind of.) She still had friends.

Qibli, Turtle and Kinkajou all seemed nice. They were funny, kind to her and it was nice to have them around. Moon didn't want to think about how all this would change if they ever found out...

"Well well well my favourite class," Tsunami sighed as the Jade Winglet entered her classroom. "Hurry up then. Sit down. We don't have forever!"

"What's got her in a bad mood?" Qibli whispered to Moon.

Moon shrugged her shoulders in reply, although she knew the answer. Tsunami was thinking about all the horrible students she had dealt with today and how she would rather be attached to her Mother in a harness than teach students like Flame.

Starflight is a better teacher blind than I am in full sight, Tsunami huffed in her head, Even though he can be very boring.

"So little bro, how's school so far?" Tsunami asked Turtle when they all sat down. Moon noticed that Winter had taken up his usual seat at the back, alone.

"Ummmmm fun I guess?" Turtle said looking at the floor.

"Well ain't that perfect?" Tsunami hummed sarcastically. "So today we are doing something about Dragon Biology. We will be studying the different qualities of each Pyrrhian tribe. First up, NightWings!"

Moon groaned silently. It was like the universe wanted everyone to discover her secrets.

"Moon," Tsunami said sharply, "what are the unique, supposed powers that NightWings used to possess?"

Moon could feel herself heating up. "Ummmmmm," It was a good thing that Tsunami and her winglet thought she was just a shy dragon because right now for any other dragon in the room it would like she didn't know anything about her tribe. Everyone thought that she was just too shy to speak. "NightWings used to be able to ...... r-read minds and s-s-see the ... future."

Suspicious, Winter was thinking, NightWings are all secret keepers and liars. She is hiding something. I know it.

Awww poor thing, Kinkajou thought, Tsunami must've scared her with her mood today. Or maybe it was Winter who made her extra shy. He probably made her feel uncomfortable about her own tribe. He's just a big meany!

Moon didn't know what to think. Winter thought she was lying. Kinkajou thought she was scared. Carnelian thought she was trying to protect her tribe's reputation by being so subtle. And Qibli thought Moon was just pressured by Winter.

Moon heard one last thing that made her even more confused.

But I thought she was different. How could she be a lying, conniving NightWing if she's so kind, thoughtful and strong. Maybe I had her wrong.

And that last thought came from behind her, in the back corner.... all alone.