🌙 Chapter 20 🌙

A/N: I'm baaaaack! Thankyou all for your support for me and this story. I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated this fanfic in forever but I promise the upcoming chapters will make up for it and your Winterwatcher ships will sail!

Enjoy, my Wonderful Wattpadders!

Moon didn't think twice. That was her fatal mistake...

She tried to assure herself that she had done the right thing. Winter was safe.

But she wasn't.

The NightWings' thoughts got louder and louder in her head until she could hear them speaking directly to her. Lost in shock, Moon couldn't focus on their words. She glanced back to look for Winter but couldn't spot his shiny scales. That was a good sign. He was safe.

She knew it was best that the NightWings find her and not some rogue IceWing. They would've killed Winter on the spot.

These four didn't look familiar. Maybe they didn't recognise her as a prisoner. Maybe she could reason with them?

"I've never seen her before." One of the NightWings mumbled. His name was Charcoal, but he wanted his friends to call him 'Hotstuff.' Moon stifled a giggle.

"Eh, she's a NightWing. Just like us." Another said.

"Oh well spotted!" Moon mumbled.

"Hey! Uh, aren't you supposed to be in the meeting?" The other guard cleared his throat. His thoughts were very quiet and nervous.

"I could say the same about you." Moon said, smiling at the guards. Please don't be awkward.

"Well come along then. The Master won't wait for anyone!" Hotstuff smiled. He held her talon affectionately and led her down the corridor. I forgot how dim-witted my own tribe was!

Three Moons, what have I gotten myself into?

She glanced back at Winter's hiding spot. Although he couldn't see or hear her, she breathed three words.

"I love you."

Moon and the NightWing guards arrived at the meeting. There were at least a hundred or so NightWings gathered in a massive chamber. The room was uncomfortably hot and sticky. Lava tricked down the walls and spilled into small pools on the cave floor. The crowd reeked of anger, hatred and looked ready to rip someone's head off.

Moon kept her head low, afraid to be recognised.

If all the guards and NightWings are here, then Winter will be safe. He can head back to the others and get them out safely.

They gathered in the back corner with the rest of the angry NightWings. Moon scrunched her eyes closed for a moment to block the eruption of thoughts out. When her mind was clear again she could see the Master towering in front of the crowd, his booming voice greeting them.

Moon's heart started to race. What would the Master do if he saw her? Her friends would be punished. She might never get to see them again.

Her cascade of worries stopped abruptly once she realised who was standing beside Darkstalker looking as regal and snide as ever. The sight of Icicle should've been a relief but the way she smiled at the Master sent shivers down Moon's spine. Her scales were more grey than silver. Her eyes were surrounded by big black circles. Her tail clattered along the floor as she flicked it. From that angle it almost looked metallic. Icicle's expression was odd too. She almost looked happy to be surrounded by NightWings.

The Master talked to the crowd but Moon couldn't hear what he was saying. She was trying to enter Icicle's mind; to read her thoughts.

But it didn't sound like Icicle at all.

Dang... if only mother and father could see me now!

Winter will soooo regret his decision to come after me.

He shouldn't have bothered. Really. It only put his group in more danger!

......

Hmmm this is just what we wanted.

Oh.... I can feel you little NightWing!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

"Moon!" The Master cried excitedly, "So kind of you to join us!" No no no no no! I have to warn the others. "NightWings I'd like you to meet my friend Moonwatcher. She's going to help us in our Grand Plan."

"What plan?!" Moon asked, through gritted teeth.

"Oh you will soon find out." The Master purred as Hotstuff pushed Moon forward through the crowd, a cunning look on his face, like he knew who she was all along. Before she knew it Moon was on her knees before the Master.

How could I be so stupid?

"You were only doing what you thought was right little Moon. And it was right. You'll soon understand why."

Anger flashed in Moon's eyes. How could he be so nasty? What have we done to hurt him?

"Ah, anger is such a powerful emotion. Uncontrollable. Isn't it Icicle?" The Master grinned, showing his crooked, sharp teeth. "It weakens the mind, until you realise your mind isn't your own anymore. It's like someone else has taken over."

Moon gasped. She tried to calm herself down but it was too late...

she should've realised what the Master had planned for her.

Suddenly she couldn't think her own thoughts. Her mind wasn't in control anymore.

Now the Master's Grand Plan became clear to her. She had to warn her friends.

But it was too late. She couldn't move her legs. She couldn't speak or yell for help. Her eyes failed to focus until she wasn't seeing herself anymore. She was seeing through someone else's eyes.

The Master had successfully got into Moon's head just like what happened to Icicle.

I have to warn my - friends?! Ha! I don't think so! I hate them all!

Her thoughts came out sounding warped and so wrong... but so right?

Her sanity, her love, her happiness vanished. It was replaced by the Master's pure hatred.

The old Moonwatcher was gone.