❄️ Chapter 34 ❄️

A/N:

She protecc

She attacc

But most importantly, MaddiTheMagic is bacc.

(please tell me I am not the only one who has seen this in YouTube comments.)

Last chapter our favourite dragons arrived at Agate Mountain where the Master intends to carry out his plan. Will they be able to stop him?

ENJOY.

Winter tried to slow his pounding heart, thinking back to how everything had gotten so out of hand. How did he let himself get dragged into this? How did he let his sister get away again? How did he be so careless as to push Turtle to the enemy's side? Why didn't he just kill the Master when he had the chance?

This was going to be the fight of his life.

He was fighting for what he had lost: his family's respect, Icicle, Hailstorm, Turtle and Carnelian.

He was also going to fight for the only things he had left: Qibli, Kinkajou and Moon.

"How are you feeling?" Winter asked, watching Moon stare worriedly at Agate Mountain. The sun had set quickly and there was an eerie feeling in the air. A war was brewing.

"Like I could spit out a prophecy at any second or collapse into a seizure full of visions." Moon said, turning her head to look at Winter. He could see fear in her dark green eyes.

He twined his tail around hers, while Stardust tried not to notice and hid her smirk.

They gazed at the black smoke-covered mountain for another moment, before Moon inhaled sharply and turned to everyone. "Are you ready?"

"Hell yes!"

"Honestly no."

"Sort of."

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's do this!"

They had gone over the plan at least five times. It was simple but hopefully effective; the triplets distract, while Moon and Winter get to the heart of the problem - the Master himself.

From there, they would have to figure something out.

Whatever it takes. (AAAAHH ENDGAME REFERENCE)

—————————

Kinkajou and Qibli had acquired the scroll.

Don't even ask how they had gotten their talons on this precious piece of magic.

Storm clouds were brewing over the Sky Kingdom's Mountain tops. The fight of their lives was coming.

We could end it all with this scroll, Qibli thought, twisting the leather casing in his talons, The Master will never see us coming...

Kinkajou spread her camouflaged wings to cover Qibli's yellow scales. They snuck past another one of Queen Ruby's guards and had almost reached the Sky Palace exits.

We've made it too far to get caught now, Kinkajou urged herself to keep pushing forward. I could be a hero, just like Glory. All it takes is just one scroll.

It was beginning to rain now, just like in those intense fight scenes she had read about in stories.

Qibli slid the magic scroll under his wing to protect it from the rain. Whatever was written inside was too important to get soaked.

Just as they thought they had made it out alive... a flash of silver stopped Qibli and Kinkajou in their tracks.

"Hand me the scroll and your friends will be saved." The IceWing said sternly. Her eyes were black and soulless. "NOW!"

It was Icicle.

—————————

Moon had never been so terrified. Sure, moving to Jade Mountain had made her anxious and the thought of her friends uncovering the truth of her powers used to keep her up at night, but there had never been so much riding on her. Never.

Agate Mountain had never really been an outstanding landmark on Pyrrhia. Compared to the magnificent twin peaks of Jade Mountain, Agate Mountain was pathetic. However, after today, one way or another Agate Mountain would certainly go down in Pyrrhian history.

Rain and smoke - an unusual combination of the elements - blurred Moon's vision. Winter's scales glowed in front of her like a light in the dark guiding her way.

Lightning crashed above the mountain's peak and thunder rumbled across the distant sand dunes. The wind picked up speed and torrential downpour threatened to swallow them whole. It was beginning to seem like they were stuck in a hurricane.

Moon was definitely no stranger to rainstorms but even someone who hadn't grown up in a Rainforest could tell that this storm wasn't natural at all.

Winter yelled something over the rain but Moon couldn't hear him. She could barely hear her own thoughts.

Lightning crashed once more and two large, green wings blocked their path.

"Turtle?!" Moon cried.

Her SeaWing friend looked paler than usual. His wings were tensed and his breathing was jagged. His gaze was full of hurt and loss. Moon stifled a scream as she looked down and saw that his talons were covered in... bright blue blood.

"I-I didn't want to. I... couldn't. Not to her." He whimpered, as if trying to find something that wasn't there anymore.

"What did he make you do?" Moon asked.

"I- just couldn't. He threatened my sisters' lives if I didn't do it. You have to believe me!" Turtle's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry Winter. He made me do it."

"I don't understand." Winter said.

Tears fell from Turtle's green eyes. "Queen Glacier is dead. The Master made me kill her."

A/N: This chapter was a little bit shorter to make room for what I have planned in the last three or four chapters :) I'm sorry if this was a bit dark but I'm only killing off characters that died in the original series.

If this gets over 15 votes I will make Winterwatcher happen next chapter!