🌙 Epilogue 🌙

Carnelian's funeral was exactly what you'd expect a funeral to be like; black accessories, mourning friends and family and other guests like Moon and the students of Jade Mountain Academy. Portraits of the SkyWing had been painted by the art students and hung around the eating hall which was Sunny's idea of paying respect.

Winter was absent from the funeral for a few reasons. One; He was back at the Ice Kingdom to speak on behalf of Icicle at her hearing. Everyone knew Icicle would be serving time in prison no matter the outcome - her crimes before and during the Master's mind control were too great - however Winter was trying his best to lessen her sentence. Two; he had to have surgery on his leg. Three; there was a lot to explain to his parents.

He would be coming back to Jade Mountain as soon as possible... she hoped.

Kinkajou spent the entirety of the ceremony balling her eyes out which was no surprise to anyone. Qibli and Turtle hung out at the drink stand while Moon spoke to a few of Carnelian's associates. She was doing anything she possibly could to make peace... for her dead friend's sake.

Queen Ruby got up to say a few words. "I do not blame the IceWing princess for the death of one of my greatest soldiers. The real culprit was brought to justice a month ago... That said, I'd like to thank Moonwatcher and her friends once again. You saved Pyrrhia. I don't know how. But you did it."

I should feel proud. Justice has been served. 

Carnelian can finally be laid to rest.

But Moon had a good reason not to feel okay. It wasn't over. In fact, it was only just beginning. 

And this time, no doubt about it, she had started this mess. It was all her fault.

"Could I say a few words?"

The hall fell silent.

Moon's heart stopped. 

Darkstalker made his way up to Carnelian's coffin, laying a single white rose. His massive wings took up most of the stage and his haughty grin smiled down at everyone.

"Greetings students of Jade Mountain." Everyone turned to gape at the ancient evil standing in front of them. "Carnelian's death was unplanned I must admit. She was a magnificent warrior indeed and would've made a powerful addition to our arsenal. What a shame she'll never get to see the wonderful future I have planned for Pyrrhia." 

"What do you want Darkstalker?" Tsunami hissed.

 "With a little bit of help, I think we can finally achieve everlasting peace." Darkstalker announced, "Now bow down to your King!"