🌙 Chapter 23 🌙

A/N: Thank you for the NightWing names. I will use some of them later on in the story.

Everyone I'm sorry...

The ties have turned. You'll hate me for this.

Moon hated all IceWings.

She was a NightWing after all and all NightWings were born to despise IceWings. They were arrogant, narcissistic fools. Every single one of them! Her tribe was supposed to be the most powerful, wonderful tribe in Pyrrhia, but the IceWings continue to take their glory.

They're manipulative, cunning and completely untrustworthy. The worst part is, they have the rest of Pyrrhia fooled with their lies.

And here one was now, playing innocent. Winter's face was full of shock and confusion but Moon saw past that. It was all an act! She wouldn't expect anything less from an IceWing. There he was, pretending he didn't know what he did to her!

"What?" Winter spat, looking at Qibli with an obviously fake-innocent expression.

"What did you do to her?!" Qibli exclaimed, exasperated. Moon wished she could read Winter's mind right now. That way she could pull apart the lies and expose his true plan.

Winter was at a loss for words. Fake.

"How could you Winter?" Kinkajou asked, red and orange flooding her scales. Moon was glad she had such good friends. Qibli and Kinkajou would believe anything she told them.

"I haven't done anything wrong! I just saved our scales and found out what the prophecy means!" Winter said, trying to keep a calm tone. Lies.

"What prophecy?" Moon asked. She realised her mistake too soon. Idiot! The Master's voice called in her mind.

Qibli raised his eyebrow. "You know, the prophecy. You went all crazy eyes and deep voiced and you started having visions of IceWings burning! Remember? Beware your own minds."

Moon nodded and smiled stupidly. Nice save.

"How can we trust anything you say after what you did, you selfish brat?" Kinkajou asked accusingly. Moon was grateful Kinkajou had such a protective nature. The Master agreed she would be easy to manipulate. Turtle on the other hand, was completely silent in the back corner.

Winter blinked, continuing his innocent act. "What has gotten into you all?"

"No!" Moon screamed, standing up menacingly. She faked another tear. "What has gotten into you?! It was your fault I was captured! You hid while the NightWings took me away! You did nothing! It was your fault the Master tortured me!"

Okay, that last part was a lie. The Master didn't torture her. From what she remembered, he gave her a chance at revenge and told her all about their plans for the IceWings. He gave her a new purpose.

Her memory before the incident was a little vague. She was a student at Jade Mountain Academy. Her best friend Icicle had gone missing so Moon went looking for her with Kinkajou and Qibli. Winter had tagged along too. The only reason Moon had let him come is because Icicle was his sister. The search had taken them to the Rainforest and then to the volcano island. Next they were captured and Winter betrayed her. Then the Master explained that he had saved Icicle from a dangerous SkyWing - Carnelian, was it? - and now she was working with him. It was for the best. Icicle too, hated the rest of her tribe. She joined the cause to get revenge on her parents for treating her badly.

Moon wasn't entirely sure what her job in this army was. The Master had given her a task though; to play her part and cause chaos amongst the Jade Winglet.