❄️ Chapter 7 ❄️

"NightWing, what have you done with my treasure?" Icicle asked. Moon shrank back in fear. If Moon thought Winter was scary, than Icicle was something else. Ever since Hailstorm had disappeared Icicle had changed. She was even meaner, colder and harsher than ever before. And now Icicle was to face to face with another NightWing. But Winter didn't want this NightWing to get hurt.

Oh no, Icicle thinks Moon ramsacked her jewels, Winter thought.

"So, What are you up to?" Icicle asked, pouncing at Moon defensively. "My cave is off limits NightWing! You have no right to even breathe in my presence! I am a princess. Much more superior to the likes of you!"

"Moon didn't do anything," Winter said, grasping his sister's shoulder so she couldn't lay a single claw on Moon. "This SkyWing was trying to steal your jewels. Moon, Qibli and I were only trying to stop her."

"Lies!" Icicle pointed at Qibli. "What has my brother been telling you?" It was like she didn't trust Winter anymore. Probably because I just protected a NightWing. Moon smiled at him as if to say thankyou. But she did the same thing for me. He could stay in that moment when Moon stood in front of Carnelian to protect him, forever.

"Carnelian was already here when we went looking for her. She was trying to ramsack you r treasures. Moon had nothing to do with it and Winter was only trying to help. It's not what it looks like. Truly." Qibli said, "When we came, she was holding that chest and it seemed like she was planning on taking it." Winter owed Qibli one. Icicle shoved Winter away and sneered at both him and Winter. That was her way of admitting she was wrong.

Icicle advanced towards Carnelian, towering over her. The SkyWing was pretty big but she was nothing against the IceWing princess. Carnelian glared at Icicle with more hatred than even Icicle could muster. Something passed between them, not in a good way, that told Winter that they had somehow met before. Icicle charged but Carnelian immediately ducked under her and escaped out the door past Winter and Moon. He honestly didn't expect she was one to back down from a fight.

"How could you let her go?" Icicle screamed at her brother, "She's a thief who deserves punishment!"

"But violence isn't the answer," Moon said calmly, regaining some courage.

"Don't talk back NightWing," she snapped, leaving the room.

"I'm sorry," Winter said to his friends (mainly to Moon). "She won't go after Carnelian. She'll wait for Carnelian to come to her. My sister is vengeful but she won't attack unless it is worth her 'precious blood.'"

"Geez, I didn't expect meeting your family would go downhill that fast!" Qibli exclaimed. "I thought I would've at least got a chance to say hello."

"I guess family reunions don't involve crazy SkyWings." Kinkajou said, looking sympathetically in the direction Carnelian had took off. "I wonder what provoked her?"

What does Carnelian even have against us? He glanced at Moon to see her talking to Qibli. Every now and then she would glance back at Winter.

She knows.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next one will be longer. 😆 Hope you enjoyed!