Red light

"They were confused," Caleb said as he walked into the nursery. "His men just took them as he glared at me. I don't think he trusts me" three of the walls were painted. "I want to paint mountains," I told him.

He just froze for a minute before looking at the walls. "I need eggshell, I have baby blue, and I need gray as well as a forest green". He smiled. "The store is still open. So let's go" I said as I got up off the floor and grabbed his hand.

I grabbed his hoodie and slipped on my boots before heading to the door. "Let's check if we have any first," I told him as I walked to the front door. I opened the front door and put his hood up as I walked down the steps. I headed for the shed. I threw open the shed doors and flicked on the light.

I took several buckets of paint down before I found some of the colors I wanted. I only found eggshell and gray. I still need that forest green... maybe I should also get a dark blue.

Caleb came over and grabbed the paint from me before I could even pick them up. "We still need green. I might pick up a dark blue, but I don't know if that's too much" I told him. He walked to the porch and set the two down. "Let's get it. You can make up your mind when we start painting" he told me. I couldn't help but smile. I love this boy. I love all of them.

I walked inside to find Margo waiting for us. Cullen was busy in his office, being boring. "I'll go run to the store. You start on the eggshell base" Caleb said before turning to leave. "Wait!" I yelled. He turned back to me and I walked over to him. I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you," I said as barely a whisper, but he heard me. He walked to the garage with a smile on his face.

"If only you weren't married," Margo said with a sigh. "I'm technically not. Mason and I never signed the papers" I told her and her face lit up. "But he's still my mate, and the father of my pup," I told her even though that didn't change her point of view. She doesn't give a shit. She's doesn't like Mason, neither does Cullen. Must be a mate thing. The enemy of my mate is also my enemy? Or the man that messes with my sister messes with me.

She walked over to the speakers and turned on the music. 'Hooked on the feeling' started playing as we made our way up the stairs. I got out the paint as Margo opened up all the windows and the balcony door. 'All of Me' by John Legend started playing so I started singing.

Margo and I ended up screaming the lyrics as we started painting. "Your crazy and I'm out of my mind!" She screamed as she pointed at me. I started laughing at how true that was. I was on the floor of the nursery laughing my ass off. "Bailey!" She screamed a second too late. My arm was already in the paint.

'Just give me a reason' by pink and ya boi Nate came on, we just looked at each other. By the time the eggshell covered the walls I looked out the window to see Caleb pull in. There was only one van here. And it looked like there was just one person. Margo made her way downstairs and I followed. "You two should head to bed," I told them as Caleb started carrying the eggshell up the stairs towards the nursery.

"I'm going to go drag Cullen to bed," Margo said before she hugged me. Caleb came down the stairs as she headed down the hallway. "Movie with snacks. Fall asleep on the couch?" He asked me and I nodded. "You really know the way to a girls heart" I admitted making his face light up. He walked into the living room as I put on the lion king. He laughed as he came in with snacks. I sat down as he handed me a jar of pickles. He knows me.

I looked over at the open door, just the screen keeping bugs out. Mason was just out there. So close, yet so far.

I looked down at the ground then back at the door. A man stood there dressed in all black, staring back at me. I stood there in shock for a minute. "Caleb" I whispered, he looked over to me as I pointed at the door. The man opened the screen and walked in. He was holding a gun and his eyes were red.

I screamed as the man shot Caleb. I looked at Caleb, it was his shoulder. "Go to hell" Caleb yelled before he tackled the man. He tackled the man out onto the lawn.

I quickly ran into the kitchen and grabbed the biggest sharpest knife we had. It will have to work. I flicked on the outside light to see the man on top of Caleb, Mason and his men were coming out of their cars to see what the commotion was. There were more of them now

I focused on the knife and the man's head. I whipped the kitchen knife at him. I watched as it met my target, the back of the man's head.

"Bailey Run!" Caleb yelled as the man got off him and looked at me, a knife sticking out of his head. "Just who I was looking for," the man said before laughing. A wave of red light came from his hand. I pulled my moonlight to me as he threw his at me.

I made a wall between me and his magic with moonlight. I closed my eyes and started pushing. Out magic was going one to one. Meeting in the middle and lighting up the area.

I screamed as I pushed more. I felt movement behind me from the house. I opened my eyes and pushed with everything. My magic was stronger, it went flying into him, sending him into the air and across the lawn.

Mason and his men were standing with Caleb. "Bay!" Margo yelled from the porch. I turned and looked at them. Cullen, Margo, and Tommy. I didn't even realize the man had got up.

He threw his magic at me. I screamed as it hit me. Instead of killing me, it wrapped around me taking me in. In seconds I wasn't standing at the bottom of the stairs of the alpha house. I wasn't even at the alpha house.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bailey!" I screamed as the red light hit her. Her only reply was her screams. The red light wrapped around her then she was gone. Her and the man with the glowing red eyes.

"No!" The woman on the porch yelled as she fell to the ground, crying. Cullen wrapped his arms around her.

Cullen found his mate. And mine just disappeared.

"Where are they?!" Tommy yelled as he walked down to where his sister was standing, "Tommy calm down" Cullen told his little brother.

"Our sister who may I remind you is pregnant, just disappeared before our fucking eyes" pregnant.

"Pregnant?" I asked making them look at me. "She's pregnant with your child!" Tommy yelled at me.

I'm going to be a father. We're gonna be a family. But first I have to find her.