Risk takers

I'm I looked over at my companions. They didn't think this was as much as a stupid idea as I did. I wasn't doing this, I couldn't do this. Artie still wasn't recovered, I hadn't fully gotten rid of the toxins.

I looked down from the edge before looking back at my group. Cullen, his possible Beta, and Gamma then Ava. River and the boys tagged along. "Are we sure this is a good idea?" Ava asked when she noticed my face, but before the guys replied they jumped. Ava looked at me before jumping. Her scream echoed around the territory, and we weren't far from the northern border where my mate was currently being watched like a hawk.

I threw off my hoodie and my jeans. I moved back to get a running start. "Bailey what are you doing?" Devin asked as he yelled up to me. I ran off the edge and flipped. I did several turns before I dived into the water. When I swam to the surface they were cheering. "That's my Bailey!" Ava told me as I saw to shore. "That was amazing!" I told Ava as we walked up to get our stuff.

"Better jumping when it's not life or death?" Harley my brothers Gamma Joked before reviving a shove from My brothers Beta Vince. "Who wants to go for a run?" Ava asked before she realized, I still couldn't shift. Doctors said I might not be able to for another week at most. "I can try," I said but before Cullen could tell me no I was pulling Artie forward. My clothes ripped as she forced herself out. It hurt like bloody hell, but it felt good in the end.

"Where is mate?" Artie asked as she looked around. I took control and looked at the others who had already shifted. River and Cullen took off running. Ava and I chased after them with the other four not too far behind us. I could smell Mason, the scent of my mate. We weren't far and we were just getting closer and closer.

"There are deer not far from here!" Vince linked us and we continued to run. We left the border of the pack and kept running. Harley zipped past me and me to the brook where several deer's drank. Before Harley could get them Ava tackled him into the water making them run. Vince let out a wolfish laugh as Harley growled at Ava. He shook off as he walked out of the water. Ava tilted her head, she was still too young to find her mate, but soon. And I have a feeling.

Vince splashed Ava as Devin ran into the water splashing Haden. I laid down on a flat rock and watched as my friends played. Artie was tiara out, by the time the sun began to set everyone was coming out of the water. There was rustling in the bushes before my father came out. He looked at everyone before his eyes landed on me. "Bailey this is too dangerous. You shouldn't be able to shift yet, you're pushing your wolf too much" my father said through the link.

"We were just going to go home," Cullen said stepping into my defense. "It was my Idea that we all go on a run" Ava added as my father shook his head. "Everyone gets home "my father growled through our links. "Yes Alpha" I heard us all say back. "Bailey wait," My father said as I was about to take off after everyone.

He started walking and motioned for me to fallow him, so I did. When we reached our side of the border he started walking close to the border, in the direction of Mason. "That was too reckless," he said as he looked to me. I knew what he was doing, but he didn't know that. He was going to taunt Mason that I was out of reach, yet give me a lecture at the same time. Great.

"Bailey I'm your Alpha but also your Father. Both jobs I take very seriously, and you know this. They are still after you, and I'm not going to let them get your hands on you" He said as I smelled my mate. "I and your mother are overjoyed that you kids are back. But we want to keep you safe, and you staying in the territory will keep us all safer. Keeping a low profile in general, nothing dangerous or anything that could attract attention" he said as we came to a stop.

I could hear my mates breathing behind me, I could feel his eyes on my back. I could see the area not far from me where my father sat and watched my mate. "I get it, but dad I know my limits. I know when to stop, so don't tell me when to" I told making him hand his head and let out a sigh. "You are your mother's daughter," he said as he looked up at me. "Just be careful," he said as he looked behind me.

As we were talking through our link, Mason couldn't hear us so I asked him. "Why do you hate him so much?" I asked as I took a step closer to him and tilted my head. "Do I need a reason?" My father asked. I gave him the puppy dog eyes and he caved. "I don't want to give him another chance to hurt you. You're my baby girl, I'm supposed to protect you" he said as he looked me in the eyes.

"I could hold my own against a group of Alphas, I think I can handle a few wolves," I said as I growled at my father. "I'm not saying you need protection, I just don't want anything to happen," he said but I was already gone.