Sweater Weather

I opened my eyes and looked directly at the pair of brown eyes across from me. Caleb gave me his signature smirk before glancing to my right. I turned my head and there was Mason, asleep. And next to Caleb sat Gale. "WTH?" I linked Caleb making him smile and shake his head.

"I was carrying you and he kinda just took you from me," Caleb told me making me roll my eyes at my mate. "How far are we?" I asked and he looked out the window thinking. "We have about a half hour left" he linked and I nodded.

I looked out my window, occasionally glancing at Mason. As soon as the plane landed and we were free to get off. We were in pack territory, about a 20-minute drive away from the pack house. "Wake up," I said as I nudged Mason's arm, his eyes shot open and he looked at me.

He smiled at me a second before I looked out the window, at my home. I followed Caleb of the plane and to the cars that were waiting for us. I grabbed some of the bags and threw them in the trunk before getting into the driver's seat. I waited for my guys to get to the car and left the others to take the second car.

When we arrived at the pack house Tommy was waiting outside. "Mom wants you all to get cleaned up, Nona's sleeping at the moment," he said as I pulled him into a hug. "I missed you," he told me as he started crying. I shielded him from the others, he wouldn't want them to see him like this. "It's going to be okay" I whispered to him, giving him a light squeeze.

I walked with him inside then headed up to my room. I showed then changed into skinny jeans and one of my many sweaters Nona made me. This one was pink and had a little BL knitted into the cuff of the sleeve. I straightened my hair and put on some light makeup before putting on a pair of light blue vans.

I grabbed my phone before heading downstairs. My brothers, River, Dalton, and Harley were all wearing a Sweater knitted with Nona's love. "The rest of dads side of the family will be here within the next two days," Cullen said as he stood up and looked at me. "She's asking for you. And your mate" he said glancing at Mason.

I looked at Mason and he nodded. I guess we are doing this. I walked towards the stairs, he followed behind me. I looked to Mason one last time, His green eyes locked in mine. I took a deep breath before heading up the stairs. When we got to the top of the stairs I held out my hand. I felt the sparks as we intertwined our fingers, before walking down the hallway towards the guest room.

We walked into the open door to see my grandma sitting in her favorite rocking chair, dad must have moved it here. My dad was sitting next to her holding the yarn for her. There was a smile on his face, but it didn't look like his eyes got the message. "Oh, my Bailey Grace!" Nona said as she slowly looked up.

I let go of Mason's hand and made my way over to her. I leaned down and hugged her. The scent of peppermint and a hint of Rosewood. A hint of grandpa still around. "Is this my newest grandson?" Nona asked as she looked over my shoulder. I pulled away and looked at Mason. I looked back at my grandma and father. Their expressions were the complete opposite of each other. My grandma was beaming, my father...had a tight grip on Nona's knitting needles.

I held out my hand and Mason was at my side in seconds. "Nona meet my mate. Alpha Mason Prescott" her smile somehow got bigger when I said he was an Alpha. "Bailey Grace is going to be a Luna" she whispered to my father like we couldn't hear her. Mason put his arm around me and kissed my temple. "What pack?" My grandma asked.

"Fisher Point, in California," Mason said and my Nona froze. "You have to come to visit me still. Maybe I'll fly down there" Nona said before my father excused himself from the room.

"Oh I have something for you young man," My grandma said as she pulled a blue sweater from her basket of things. She didn't. "I made you a sweater," Nona said as she held it up for Mason. Oh, she did. "Thank you," He said as he gave her a huge smile. Genuine.

"I should nap now. Please send your father in" my grandma said before I gave her another hug. We walked into the hallway as I linked my father Nona wanted him. I walked down the stairs with Mason. Mason stopped at the living room door but I kept walking. After a few seconds, he followed me.

I walked into the back yard and walked over to the pool. I sat down at the edge and crossed my legs. I looked over at the garden, where Nona used to watch me and my brothers. Where she taught me about flowers, the beauty of nature. Where she explained to us what mates were.

Mason say down next to me and started at the side of my face. Baby blue sweater in his hands. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked, I turned to look at him and sighed. "I don't wanna talk about that," I said as I uncrossed my legs and put my legs over his I put my head on his shoulder as he put me over his shoulder. I looked up at him, he was looking down at me. He looked worried.

"I'm sorry about yelling at you. I didn't know it was you" he said as he shook his head. I just shrugged and said It was fine. I moved into his lap and put my head on his chest. "I could stay like this forever" he whispered making me smile.

I closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. "Word got out" Cullen linked me. I sat up and linked him back. "About?" I asked and he told me to meet him in his office. "I'm sorry," I told Mason as I cupped his face.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside with me. We walked into Cullen's office. He was on the phone. "I'm sure it's nothing. It's not like someone can actually shoot moonlight out of their hands" he laughed as my heart stopped. "I'm screwed" I whispered as Mason looked at me. "You want to have a meeting about this? All over the word of a crazy man?" Cullen shook his head as he looked at me.

"You want to have it here? Not happening, my grandmother has less than a week to live. I don't need her to be stressed. The Fisher Point alpha and I have a job here at the moment. But I will send our Betas.... ya okay. Bye" Cullen said before he looked at me.

"They want to get their hands on you. All of them do" Cullen said as he stood up. Mason growled as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I crossed my arms and leaned my head back on Mason. "We need to make them forget" I whispered.

"How do we usually cover things up? Make people forget" Dalton asked as he walked into the room with Caleb and River. "No!" Cullen told us. No to what? "What?" I asked making them look at Mason and I. "A new Luna. A ceremony, a new addition. It would take eyes off you for being the only female with the Ash Eclipse" Caleb said.

"I'm not ready for that" I whispered as Mason growled and said he wasn't making me do anything I wasn't comfortable with. I smiled at him, he's not all bad. "Not a Luna ceremony... no mating. Just a wedding?" River said as he looked to me for an answer.

I looked to Mason who was looking at me. The goddess has made it clear we were gonna stay together, we are mates after all. It's not like we are completing the mating bond, or I'm becoming Luna. Just Husband and Wife. It's not uncommon for werewolves to do that sort of thing, it just doesn't seem necessary. Mating is more than a wedding could ever be.

"What do you think?" I asked Mason as I tilted my head a little. He ran his hand through his hair as he looked at me. "I want to. Believe me, I want to do that and much more. But I don't want to rush you. If you're not ready, we don't have to do anything" he told me and I nodded. "I know. And I want to" I said and he smiled at me.

"Bailey Grace Lowell," he said as he took my hand, he dropped to one knee and looked up to me. "Will you marry me?" He asked making me smile. "Yes," I told him. He took my hand and kissed where a ring would go.

We are getting married.