Wolf Savior part 6

Nick's P.O.V

I was furious when I got to Roze's house, Cole had been with her. I could smell him on her fragile body, I choked down the fear and anger that I felt and forced a smile. "You've got half an hour, I'll take the dogs home and come back for you." I mused.

"Nick, get out of here." She shoved me playfully. "I can't very well take a shower if you're still here." I smiled and leaned closer.

"You smell like dog." I wrinkled my nose and dodged her fist catching her by the wrist. "See you in a few." I grinned and slipped out the door. I had Isaac and Ravyn load up and took them to the apartment and unlocked the safe I kept hidden in my closet. I pulled out my 9mm Glock and the two extra magazines I kept loaded. Isaac gave me a shocked look as I tucked it into my waistband with the safety on.

"You have that?" He asked. "What are you planning on doing with that?" He demanded.

"I'm going to show Rozelynn how to use it and then I'm going to make her keep it with her. She needs to be able to defend herself against us...the bullets are silver plated so don't piss her off. The poor girl has the worst luck...she met Cole and then became friends with me. I've got to do something to make sure she's safe." I admitted. I didn't like feeling this way about someone so soft and fragile, it was dangerous for her. I shook my head to clear it and to try and fight of the hopelessness of the situation. I slipped the gun under my seat with the magazines and went to get Roze.

Her auburn hair was tied back and she was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. "Where are we going?" She asked annoyance soaking into her voice.

"It's a surprise." I chuckled at her shocked expression as I drove, the trees grew more densely as we went. I watched her as I turned onto the old logging road and parked the car. I reached under the seat and got the gun tucking it back into my waistband as she slid out. I lead carefully avoiding the roots and things that would cause her to stumble.

I stood behind Rozelynn using my body as a form, I held the 9mm Glock loosely in my hand. I used my foot to push her legs apart. "Feet apart...hold this." I handed her the gun. I splayed my hand across her stomach. "Stomach in." I whispered looking at her pale throat, I was nearly overcome with the urge to take a nibble. I pulled her shoulders back slightly. "Shoulders back." I placed my hands over hers pulling the gun up. "Close your left eye, and sight down the gun. Breath in squeeze the trigger and then exhale. Don't pull the trigger squeeze it." I breathed against her ear.

She sighted in on the can and squeezed the trigger. The can went flying and I tightened the muscles in my arms so the kick of the gun wouldn't hurt her. She shifted her hips slightly and just about drove me crazy. "Why are you even teaching me this?" She asked.

"Never mind that right now, but so you can shoot the next rabid dog that comes after you."

"I'm more worried about the wolves that hump my leg." She laughed. I felt my cheeks heat to flaming red.

"I'll be sure to warn Isaac." I taunted. "Now feel the gun...and shoot another can."

"I feel the gun..." She muttered and squeezed the trigger missing the cans all together. "Just not the one in my hands." I caught myself looking down to check.

"Oh my god! I didn't think you would actually look! I'm not that conceited. You think of me as a little kid, and don't even deny it I see it on your face." She growled.

"I have to!" I snapped. "Now focus and shoot the cans." I growled in her ear. She sighted and hit the can. "Again." She fired and the can flew off the log. "Again." We repeated this and each time I loosened my hold letting her take a little more of the force. Then finally I dropped my hands away from hers. "Again." She hit the last can. "That's good, now I'll show you some basics." I pulled out the magazine and emptied the bullets into my hand. I showed her how to load it. Roze leaned up against the car posing without meaning to, heat streaked through my blood. My god she was beautiful...