Wolf Savior part 5

Rozelynn's P.O.V 

Nick left after I shut the door behind me. "Rozelynn we need to talk." My mother sighed, my eyes snapped up.  

"If it's about Nick, there's nothing to be said. We're just friends, he wouldn't think of me in any other way than a little kid." I promised.  

"Well, I was kind of worried about you hanging out with a 19 year old. But that's not why we need to talk. It was brought to our attention that he doesn't have any records before two years ago." She led me into the living room. "These people are worried about you...please try to be nice." She begged.  

"What people? Mom?" I looked in the living room and saw Sybil, Cole, a woman, and another man I didn't recognize. "Let me go change into something that isn't so gross..."  

"You look fine." I gave her puppy eyes and she sighed. "Fine, but hurry." She shrugged and went to say I would be right down. I jogged upstairs to my room, and shuffled around like I was looking for clean clothes. I crossed the room opened the window and shimmied down the tall oak with low branches right outside my window. I ran to the coffee shop and stood under the awning as I dialed Nick's number. He answered on the second ring and I heard the engine rev. 

"What?" He asked.  

"You know how you gave me specific orders to stay out of trouble..." I left the sentence hanging. 

"What did you do now?" He groaned and I heard the gears of his car grind. 

"I didn't do anything, trouble was sitting on my couch when I walked into the house." I admitted softly. "I'm sitting in front of the coffee shop, I'll tell you if you want to come get me, if you don't I'll call Azalea." I offered. And he groaned. 

"Less than five minutes after I drop you off trouble finds you...I'm on my way Roze, sit tight." He chuckled. I heard his tires squeal right before he hung up. It wasn't long before I heard the roar of his engine and saw the headlights coming over the hill.  

"I'm shocked you didn't dump the transmission." I muttered as I slid into the seat trying not to shiver from the cold. I held still so that I didn't shudder.  

"I can drive bad responsibly." He teased as he reached over to push the hair out of my eyes. "You skin is like ice." He groaned and cranked up the heater. "What was the trouble I'm rescuing you from?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.  

"Four people..." I didn't want to elaborate because I could sense that he would be pissed.  

"Four people?" He asked turning his caramel colored eyes on me. 

"I didn't say they were human." I whispered. He dug in the backseat and tossed a hoodie at me. His expression said it all. "You're right I should have called Azalea..."  

"I didn't say that!" He snapped. "I just want you to tell me who was there that scared you like this." He growled. 

"Sybil, and a tall guy...a blonde woman, and...Cole." I wedged myself into the corner of the seat and door. His face went blank in shock. 

"They showed up at your house...they came after you. Roze you can't go back there tonight, in the morning but not tonight..." I nodded and yawned emotionally drained. I rubbed my eyes and closed them answering him every time he asked something. "Are you even awake?" He asked. 

"No." I groaned. "I mean yes of course, why wouldn't I be." I muttered trying to pry my eyes opened.  

"Shut up Rozelynn, you're the only person I know who can be sarcastic in your sleep." He groaned and pulled the car to a stop. "Go to sleep, I'll be back in a few." He reached across me to push the door-lock down.