Wolf Savior part 18

I warn you now, this isn't a very happy part...Nick has a major freak out but he goes back to being Nick. Don't kill me this is almost over. (The depressing part, there's still a lot to write in the story.) I promise things will get better for Nick and the pack. You just have to wait for the next part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roze's P.O.V.

I stood in the doorway to Nick's room watching as he slept. I was about to shatter his heart, but it was the only way I could save him and the pack. If I survived the change then I would suffer trough what I was about to do, but if I didn't then he wouldn't be as hurt. Natasha was going to be pissed at me, and so were the rest of them, but I had to save them. Nick opened his eyes and smiled up at me. “Hey babe.” I kept my face blank as I looked up at him. I was fighting against the tears that wanted to pour down my cheeks.

“Nickolai, we need to talk.” I said horsely. He sat up looking at me worriedly. I sat on the edge of his bed. “I know what I did was wrong, I was leading you on. I'm really sorry Nick. It's just that I'm not in love with you.” I lied through my teeth. “It was all the heat of the moment, and now that Cole's dead...I've realized that I was just so confused with everything that was happening.” The lump in my throat was choking me. “I feel so bad that I didn't see.” He sat there and stared at me as if he couldn't understand simple English.

“If that's how you feel...” He nodded. “It's for the best. Roze don't be upset! I understand, I've always known I wasn't good enough for you.” His voice held no emotion. I nodded and walked out of the room with as much control as I could manage before running to sob into my pillows. He was too understanding! Couldn't he tell I was lying? Natasha burst through my door and snarled at me.

“When you said you were going to take care of things I didn't realize you meant ripping his heart out in the same stroke you shredded your own.” She sat on the edge of my bed. “He believes you, he thinks you don't care about him at all! Do you know why he thinks that? He thinks that he was never good enough! He thinks that no one will ever love him! He thinks you hate him because he's a Wolf. I could kick both of your asses!” She snapped.

“Just go away Natasha, I don't feel good about what I did. And I hate myself so much I could die and not care. I feel like shit from beating myself up.” Her hand reached up and touched my forehead.

“Rozelynn, you're emotions aren't the only thing making you sick. You're running a fever.” She warned. I noticed that I was sweating and burning up. I sat up and met her eyes. “You'll start getting worse, you'll know when you're about to turn completely. It might be three days at the most, but I think it might be sooner.” She warned.

Nick's P.O.V.

I can honestly say I hate my life.

I get what Rozelynn was saying, and she's right. Why would she be in live with me, Cole was dead, she was safe, I had a pack...

So why was it so damned important that she love? Why did it feel as if I should be in there begging for her to forgive me right now instead of sitting her kicking myself in the ass? Oh maybe because she felt so damned guilty because she doesn't love me, or perhaps it's the fact that I can honestly say I'm not surprised that she doesn't and never will love me. I just wish she hadn't been so upset about having to tell me. That was the part that bothered me the most, I could live with not being loved, hell that's such a change from the rest of my fucking life! I laughed bitterly and Ayden gave me a shocked worried look. The one woman I would be stupid enough to fall in love with just had to be the one person who didn't see me as a freaking monster. The one person who actually cared that my pack was alive.

What a fucking surprise, she doesn't love me and I sitting here talking to myself like I'm a fucking nut job. I had to admit it did hurt, I was actually stupid enough to let myself hope! I laughed bitterly again and punched the marble counter. I let my eyes drift closed as I let my head rest against the counter. I fought the lump in my throat hoping that the moisture filling my eyes would go away before some one noticed. I pounded my fist into the counter feeling the bones in my hand snap. I hit the counter again and again until my hand lay limp, the bones shattered. I didn't feel it so I just laughed and slid down into the floor giggling hitting the back of my head on the floor

My eyes opened to see Ayden and Isaac staring down at me. “Nick?” Ayden asked. I felt much better, more myself... My hand was completely healed and was more sane now. I sat up and my head spun a little.

“How long was I out?” I asked as I noticed it was later in the day than I had first thought.

“Ummm. Nick, you've been out for about three hours.” I shot to my feet.

“How the HELL? I could of sworn it was about twenty minutes!” I groaned. That was an epic fail, I'm not even sure what was wrong with me, I remembered what Rozelynn had said, but for me to do that was just.....I don't know.

“Well anyways, now that you're back with the living, we have a problem. Rozelynn's sick.” Isaac sighed.

“What's wrong?” I demanded, just because she didn't love me didn't mean I didn't still love her.

“I think it's just the flu or something, she wasn't looking very good this morning.” Ayden soothed. I sighed in relief. “Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine. I just went a little off, earlier. It's not a common occurrence but it does happen to us older wolves sometimes.” I shrugged as I lied through my teeth. Honestly, I had no idea what had happened to me earlier, but know I could understand why Roze couldn't love me. I was just fucked in the head. I cooked dinner and went to check on Roze. She was pale and shivering under her thick comforter. “Do you want some soup or something? It'll help.” I brushed the hair from her face and her skin was scalding hot. I brought her soup and Natasha came in to sit with her. I didn't feel like intruding so I left the two of them. I went to bed, it was 10 at night and I had to work in the morning. I knew the pack would take care of Roze, they loved her too. Just not the same way I loved her.

The next day was awful! Rozelynn was still sick, Natasha was throwing up, Ravyn was trying to comfort her, Isaac was running back and forth between Ayden and Rozelynn, and Adrian was pissing me off. I wasn't in the mood to serve coffee to people who thought I really cared what they thought! “So Nick! How are you? OMG, the funniest thing happened to me yesterday.....”And on and on until my head was about to explode. “Hey kid, how's it going?” Adrian slapped me on the back and grinned. I snarled at him. “It's time for your break.” He just kept smiling and gave me a slight push towards the break room. Katie took over the counter as Adrian followed me back.

“ I'm about ready to start ripping peoples throats out.” I warned.

“So I've noticed! What's wrong no?” He asked.

“Oh nothing much!” I shrugged. “Ravyn and Isaac are sleeping together, Natasha's pregnant and has severe morning sickness, Ayden's freaking out, Rozelynn realized she doesn't love me, she has the flu, people think I actually care what they think, I have to be here serving coffee when my pack is have it's own problems, my boss is a nosy asshole, I'm worried about Natasha and Rozelynn, my phone keeps going off, and I can't answer because I'm serving coffee to idiots!” I growled. “See, nothing terribly pressing!” I pinched the bridge of my nose between two finger's and closed my eyes.

“First, answer your phone...” I flipped it opened and saw a message from Rozelynn. “And second, go home!” Adrian grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and COMMENT!! but please don't kill me!!! I already know I'm an awful person...i can't help it. This is important to the rest of the story, and it kinda makes you realize just how clueless my character's can be.

-bludroze