IFifthteenI

Peter's POV

I slide on my mask and am welcomed by Karen,  "Welcome back, Peter.  It's been a while."  I smile.  "It's great to be back."  It's been a few months since Iv'e been spider-man, due to recovery for my top surgery.  At least I don't have to deal with breaking my ribs when I wear had to wear my binder too long.  The press have noticed my absence.  There have been multiple articles about where I have been, whether I was dead or talking a vacation.  Of course there was good and bad comments, some happy the 'threat' was gone.  Others were worried and waiting for my return.  

I leave the apartment and swing my way around Queens.  I do a few flips in the air and yell, happy to be back.  A few people yell,  "Spideys back!" and, "Spider-man!"  A few cheers were heard, and a few negative comments.  Crime rates hadn't gone up too much during my absence, thankfully.  

Soon Karen alerts me of a mugging in a nearby alley way.  Time to get to work!

I quietly climb down the wall inspecting the situation.   There is one guy with a knife and a women.  "Just give me the fucking purse lady!  Better listen unless you wanna get hurt!"  The women has tears running down her face and she slowly begins grabbing her purse.  I decide it's my time to intervene.

"Hey buddy!  Didn't your mother ever teach you it wasn't nice to take what isn't yours?"  The criminal quickly turns around to see the red and blue vigilante.  "Beat it kid before you get hurt!"  I sigh aloud.  I shoot my web, talking the criminal's knife and webbing it to one of the walls.  "Why don't we just talk this out?"  I web him to the wall.  I turn and face the women.  Not long after my spidey sense goes off and I jump in front of her.  Hearing the loud bang of a gun my eyes widen and I look down to see blood oozing from my side.  

I quickly put webbing over it to stop the bleeding and shoot more webs at the gun, taking it and webbing it to the opposite wall.  "Why is it always guns!  You would think your parents would teach you guys about not playing around with guns and shooting people!"  I say frustrated.  First night out and I've already been shot! 

I turn to face the women to find a horrified look on her face.  "Oh my god!  Are you alright!?"  I put my hands up to calm her down, "I'm fine ma'am, get outta hear and call the police and let them know Mr.Bad Guy is webbed up in the alley way.  Get home safe!"  I call out as I climb the building.  I swing over to a building farther away and sit down, the loss of blood finally kicking in as I feel light headed.

My spidey sense begins to go off as I see black dots fill my vision.  I hear repulsors (?) and foot steps get closer to me.  My vision gets worse as I hear a few voices around me, i'm unable to make out what they are saying.  "Karen... call.....Wade-" 

Then my vision goes black.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Fucking alarm clock I swear to odin if you beep one more flipping time-"  It continues beeping.  I groan and use my hand to turn it off.  Where the hell is my alarm clock?  Where the hell my nigh stand?  I slowly open my eyes and see I'm in white room, this looks nothing like my bedroom.  Where the hell am I?  Was I captured, do they know my identity, who the hell are they?  

I quickly bring my hands up to my face to feel my mask.  I sigh in relief.  I look down to see that i'm in a pair of sweats, that clearly not mine and are a size too big, and my side wrapped up.  Then I remember I have Karen.

"Karen where am I and what happened?"  A second later I hear her reply.  "You are in the Avengers' med bay at moment Peter.  You were shot and lost a lot of blood, due to your time away and not eating in the past few hours your healing wasn't working as fast.  The bullet didn't enter you.  The Avengers approached you but you seemed to black out.  They didn't take off your mask, and I called Wade as you asked.  You have 12 missed calls from Wade."  I sigh.  "What time is it?"  Karen then replies, "It is 5:07 a.m Peter, if you do not leave by 7 a.m. when May is scheduled to leave I will text her that you had to go to Ned's because he was having an early morning crises again and I will text him with your excuse."  I nod grateful for everything Karen does for me and plans ahead.  

Right after the door opens and the Tony Stark and Bruce Banner walks in with the rest of the Avengers behind him.  God i'm happy it's Saturday....

"Spider-Man, good to see your awake and alive."  Tony says while drinking a cup of coffee.  Bruce is checking my vitals and his charts, while the others stand there watching me carefully like I was a possible threat.  I sigh and rub the back of my head, "Ya, one hell of a way to come back after a break..."  I trail off remembering I don't have a shirt.  I suddenly get more self conscious.  

"Language."  I look up and burst out laughing.  "Sorry Cap, uhm thank you for patching me up-" I'm cut off my mask alerting me of Wade calling me again.  I hold up my finger to the Avengers and ask Karen to answer it.  "Baby boy!  Thank god your alive!  I was so worried when Karen called me saying you were hurt and currently being taken to the Avengers' med bay!  I nearly had a heart attack and you weren't answering my calls or texts!"  Wade stops to take a breath and I take it as a chance to talk.  "I'm sorry I worried you Wade!  I'm fine!  I really am ok?  I didn't mean to nearly give you a heart attack, though I doubt it would be life threatening for you..."  I can tell Wade rolled his eyes.  "Whatever baby boy, just make sure to stop bye and keep me updated on your situation."  The call ends and I rub my temples.  I always worry him and feel so bad about it.  

I get pulled out of my thoughts when an awkward cough is heard form across the room.  I apologize quickly for being rude.  

"So spider-man, can we ask you a few questions?"