Much Like Atlas, He Shrugged

Ship: Ryden

God, I'm such a bitch.

It had been a long day of Ryan's on again, off again thing. One minute he would talk to Brendon and the next would be sent sending scornful looks Brendon's way as though he wanted Brendon dead. And the best part of it all was how little Brendon knew about the situation. Questioning Ryan as to what happened mere moments before only sent Ryan the message that Brendon must not care. At least, that's all Brendon could fathom considering this only led to Ryan pretending he couldn't even see Brendon.

When he made dinner, Ryan didn't eat it, opting to have a bowl of cereal instead. It wasn't like Brendon had worked hard on making it or anything. Brendon are and washed the dishes, which included the bowl Ryan had used. At this point, he was more than a little ticked off. Nobody could be happy if Ryan was minorly inconvenienced in any way.

He had given up on getting Ryan's attention, much less his affection, and decided an easier way to pass the time was a video game. He sat in front of the tv and turned on the console, only to play whatever was in it already. His occasional glances at the clock denoted the hours passing slowly, though more quickly than if he'd just spent this time pining over Ryan.

Hours had passed, the sun had gone down, and the room was dark save for the glow of the screen. Of course, that was the moment Ryan decided he wanted someone else to take pity in his life as well. The light flicked on and Brendon blinked back spots. "Hello there." Ryan gave no response and simply sat beside Brendon and watched the screen.

Brendon kept playing without another word said until Ryan, with a sigh, turned to him. "So."

He paused the game and let Ryan have his full attention. "Yes?" Ryan shrugged as though Brendon had said something else to offended him and hunkered back into his state of watching the tv and half ignoring Brendon. "Alright then." He unpaused the game and continued playing.

Another few minutes still before Ryan decided to speak. "Do you want to break up with me?"

Brendon paused the game again. "Do I what?" Brendon stood and rubbed his face to regain his bearings.

And once more instead of giving an actual response of communicating any amount of emotional distress, he shrugged.

Brendon huffed a bit, but kept his composure. He had decided Ryan would not pull him into his sadness again. "What would you have me do," he took a knee in front of Ryan and bowed his head slightly, "my highness?"

Ryan looked at him, pouting. "So you are mad at me."

Every assumption Ryan made sent tension up his spine. "No. I could never. How daring it would be for me to be mad, nay, annoyed even at my grace." Brendon realised he was probably being the biggest asshole known to mankind but he was honestly fed up.

"It's not my fault." Ryan shrugged it off. He stood and walked toward the kitchen and, of course, Brendon followed him. "I can't help that I ruin everything."

"Oh! My lord! What an accusation upon yourself!" Brendon had taken on a fanciful tone, not able to help the scowl as the words came out of his mouth. He was lucky only for the fact that Ryan had been walking away from him, lest he see Brendon's expression and worsen the situation. "You could ruin nothing. Every person is graced by your presence."

"Fine. Say whatever you want." Ryan continued on, completely guiltless as he did every time before this.

Brendon snapped, but only for a second. His mind raced with things he wanted to say to Ryan on the subject. How much it pissed him off that Ryan couldn't seem to cope with anything. How alone he always was when it was his emotions in play. He felt like he consistently got the short end of every stick. Every time something was to be blamed on someone the fingers always came back to Brendon. It nearly brought him to tears to think about everything he was holding back.

Instead of saying and feeling, he let everything go. He had given up on the conversation, forfeited the match. With the weight of everyone's problems on his shoulders he saw the world as though he was Atlas. As Ryan turned around, Brendon felt so much like Atlas, having disdain for this small world he was given to bear, so he shrugged.

Ryan, apparently, took this as a win. Another check mark in his little personal book. It seemed as though he couldn't help but win and that satisfied him. He plucked a drink from the refrigerator and left the kitchen, leaving Brendon and the world upon his shoulders to follow.

Well Yeehaw guys didn't mean to write so much. I've got a super secret project I've been working on so shhhh, don't tell. Also, I might go through and edit this book. I'm not sure exactly when, but I'll make sure to post an announcement so don't get mad if I do that pls and thnks.

See you at some point,
S!n