Nausea, Phobias, and a Sicko's Game

Ship: Frerard

Tigger warning for phobias, so if reading about your phobia triggers you(because it's could be here), watch out.

Gerard had a phobia. Two phobias to be exact, but the second one wasn't too bad. Gerard had finally managed to realise that having a phobia or two was normal, but that didn't make it any better.

Frank had a phobia, too. He pretty much called it one phobia because all of them were in that fucking place and he wanted nothing to do with it.

    (/-\)----------(/-\)

The room was dark. Bad things happened in the dark and that's why Gee was scared of it. He didn't even take the time to figure why or how he was in the room. Completely ignoring that little voice taking stock of what little sanity he still had and telling him not to panic, but also that this was not his room; Gee fell off of the bed, landing hard on the cold tile. Had he stopped to think, maybe Gee would have noticed that this was tile and that he didn't have time in his bedroom. In fact, he didn't know anyone who had tile in their bedroom.

He scrambled, tripping and falling more than once. He ran into a wall, blindly groping at it. He had to find a light switch and he had to find it quick. He stopped dead in his tracks when he heard soft moving, as if someone was waking up from a deep sleep. His breathing got faster and he bit his lip so hard it drew blood.

"He-Hello?..."

The voice was foreign to him and, if it hadn't sounded so confused and Gee hadn't needed someone to help him find a light, he would have stayed quiet. "Hi." His voice cracked and his throat hurt from the tears streaming down his face. He toddled over, hands out like a blind man, following the direction of the voice.

He ran into another bed, just like the one he fell out of. He crawled into it and was immediately comforted by a part of arms around him. "It's going to be okay, ... What's your name?"

"G-Gee." Gee sniffled, shaking and crying into this stranger's shoulder.

"It'll be okay, Gee. We'll work together and figure something out, yeah?"

Gee nodded, closing his eyes tightly. He could pretend it wasn't dark and that he was just closing his eyes so tight that it seemed like it. "What's your name?"

"I'm Frank." Frank rubbed Gee's back because, from experience, that usually helped when people were upset. "Are you afraid of the dark?"

"N-No. I'm afraid of what happens in the dark. The things that come out when we're not looking. The Vashta Nerida."

Frank nodded slowly. If he was right, which he was pretty sure he was, the sickening smell of antiseptic and death was heavy, this had happened on purpose. Some sick game for a creep probably watching from a safe distance away.

As if on cue, a voice came through an old intercom system. It was distance and tinny, the kind of sound that makes you taste old pennies. "Hello, my beautiful patients are awake now! I'm so happy that both of you are able to participate in this... experiment with me. Let me give you some background on who you'll be spending the next little bit with. Gerard, no, Gee, is 19. He takes medication for his anxiety and his depression... too bad there aren't any of those here. Moving on! Frank, on the other hand, is 18. A very happy late birthday to you. Frankie hasn't really been diagnosed with anything, so he never had meds in the first place. Isn't that convenient? I'll stop bothering you two now and let you get to the fun part. My favourite, really. All you have to do is turn on the lights."

Gee's fear suddenly, all at once, really, turned into rage. "How fucking DARE THEY TRAP ME IN HERE?!"

"It's okay. You're fine. We're fine. Just calm down. They probably want us to get angry. They want us to be scared and upset and show them our emotions." He rubbed Gee's back again, until the shaking subsided. "While I'm all for breaking the rules and rebelling against what people tell me to do, we do need light. I want you to stay here while I find out how to turn it on."