Fate aka bless @PurebloodDalek7

First off. I just want to say that PurebloodDalek7 is a amazing person that reads this book even though I barely update. And also I stole this prompt from them a lil bit. Go read their stuff because they're an amazing being.

Ship: Frerard

Gerard was seven when his parents took him to the psychic. That was the day they had taken the two brothers and gotten ice cream. They went to a park and ended their day with the most important thing that would happen. The family of four entered the dark building that smelled strongly of essential oils: rose, cedar wood, sage, chamomile. The scents mixed together and enveloped the senses of anyone that smelled them.

The psychic, a young woman of twenty or so, led them to another room. "Look. The only reason we're here is because my mom insisted that we bring the boys to see you and they have to have something or another done so-..."

She was cut of by the psychic. "Shhh. There don't have to be reasons. I'll take them one at a time, please." Gerard, who has been mystified by the charms and crystals that hung in various places, was suddenly bashful. He backed up a bit and hid behind his mother, which also happened to be where Mikey took root.

Gerard tapped Mikey, giving him a hug and a small, reassuring pat on the head. "Go on, Mikes. It'll be fun I bet. And you're younger so you gotta go." Mikey shook his head vehemently but his hand was grabbed and he was led rather gently into yet another room.

Mikey returned after about five minutes. He was calmer than he had been upon entering, which made Gerard less scared to go with the woman. She, in turn, took Gerard back to the same room.

The room was furnished in a deep shade of burgundy with even more crystals than the rest of the building. "I really like your crystals. And you smell pretty. I'm Gerard." He smiled just a little bit, finding a seat on the ground.

"That's very nice of you to say." She sat down with her legs crossing to the side. "You can call me Maya." Gerard smiled and nodded. He would gladly listen to her soft accent all day if he could. He liked how it was different from anyone else that he'd ever heard.

Maya took his hands in hers and closed her eyes. Gerard watched in awe and was almost certain he could feel the energy flowing through the room and especially between them. She asked him questions about his life and nodded or shook his head. It confused him a little bit, how she knew a bunch about him even though he didn't say anything about it.

"And you have a friend named... Frank? Is that right?"

Gerard's eyes lit up a bit. "Yeah! He's my best friend."

Maya nodded. "Alright. Has he ever done anything bad to you?" Gerard replied with a shake of his head, even more confused.

After a few more increasingly subdued, solemn question, Gerard was led back to his parents. They talked in hushed voices for a while and the brothers exchanged confused and somewhat worried glances.

Afterwards, the four of them went home and his mother tucked him in after a bath. She sat on the edge of his bed, biting her lip. Normally, Gerard just got into bed himself so he was a bit anxious, but still happy to have the comfort of his mother.

By the time she left though, he was no longer happy. In fact, he was crying. She had told him that he wasn't allowed to be friends with Frank and that Frank would end up hurting him. Gerard shook his head and pleaded with her, telling her that Frank was nice and would never hurt him. She didn't listen. And Gerard couldn't bear the thought of not being able to talk to his best friend. So, for the first real time, he did something he wasn't supposed to.

Gerard was sixteen when his mother sat him down and told him exactly why she'd taken away his childhood friend. Told him about the psychic they went to told her about how someone named Frank would hurt him one day. She also told him that, even though the psychic didn't recommend it, she took it into her own hands and decided to tear the two apart.

Gerard nodded throughout the conversation, leaving immediately after. He raced to Frank's house, knocking on the door. Frank answered it, slightly dazed as though he'd just woken up. "What's up, Gee? Something happen?"

Gerard nodded and Frank led him to his room, though he'd been there a million times before, considering Frank was never allowed at Gerard's house anymore. One they were in his room, Gerard hugged Frank tightly. His lip quivered a bit as he started to tell him what had happened nine years prior.

By the end of his story (or rather, rambling) about his forewarned fate his was shaking and holding back tears. Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard and gently comforted him. "I would never hurt you. Never ever." Gerard nodded a bit. "You know that, right GeeBee?"

"Yeah. It just... scares me. I remember going and it's just." He shrugged. "It was so real. I believe what she said is true, you know. And I'm scared." He sighed and looked Frank in the eyes. "I'm just scared."

Frank moved closer to Gerard and kissed his forehead. "It's okay."

Gerard perked up a little. "What if it's a different Frank." He knew it was silly that he was excited at even the thought that it may not be his Frank, that he would still be hurt, but by any other Frank.

"But do you know any other people named Frank?"

His heart dropped a little. "No..."

Frank nodded a bit. "Alright. Then I guess I'll just have to be here to protect you from everything. And then fate will be confused."

Gerard was twenty five when he was in that accident. That was the day that he and Frank had decided they would finally leave their quant apartment and do something. They had gotten ice cream, went to a park to take some pictures (of each other, flowers, anything) and were ending their day with a movie.

Frank, after having had so much fun on the park swings that he almost threw up, was still bouncing around Gerard. He would spontaneously kiss Gerard or try and get Gerard to run with him, but Gerard continued to decline Frank's offers, laughing.

They were down to the last couple of blocks to the movie theater and Frank was getting infinitely more excited, even though they were just watching a double feature that nobody knew what it would be.

Once they were at the crosswalk, theater in sight, Frank bounded across the nearly empty road without even waiting for the light to change.

"Frank! Stop that! You're going to get hit by a car one of these days." Gerard called after him, but Frank was nearly double over, laughing and breathing. Gerard sighed and patiently waited for his light to change. The light change and he started to walk. "Will you stop that?" Gerard again called to Frank, who was taking pictures of Gerard crossing the street paparazzi style.

Gerard didn't see it, he wouldn't have been able to react to it if he had anyway. The car had simply come out of nowhere, not stopping for the red light. It hit him, and Gerard crumpled to the ground like a human rag doll.

Frank ran out to him, shock setting in very quick. He knelt beside Gerard and pulled out his phone, shaking press the nine and ones. He looked in the direction the car went, see it stopped momentarily as if it knew what it had done, but didn't want to get involved before speeding away.

The last thing Frank saw was the sticker on the bumper. It was plain white with black lettering and read "Tell me how I'm driving. Frank Hoffman - (551) 555-9826."

Well, it wasn't Ryden.