Phan: My Emo Boy

Ship: Phan

September 2, 2016

Context: This was during the MCRX fiasco.

Dan was just scrolling through tumblr. He didn't deserve this. His face paled as so many pictures and conspiracies of My Chemical Romance appeared on his screen. He clicked the link to a YouTube video and crossed his fingers, unsure if it was because he wanted My Chemical Romance back or not.

His heart temporarily stopped when the G note played. He watched with his mouth gaping open in surprise, hope, excitement, and a few other emotions he wasn't sure of.

As the video ended he practically leaped from his seat, running to Phil's room. "PHIL! GUESS WHAT!"

A startled Phil looked up at Dan with a concerned expression. "What?"

"MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!"

"Okay?"

"They're getting back together, Phil! Come on, I need eyeliner!"

He pulled Phil from his bed and dragged him along to the closest store that sold eyeliner. Phil was slightly afraid. He remembered when he first met Dan. The poor boy had enough makeup to rival some of the MySpace whores.

Dan ran back to Phil with three different eyeliner pencils in hand. "Which one, Phil? Raven, Ebony, or Midnight?"

Phil couldn't tell the difference, but apparently there was one. "Um... I don't know... Raven?" He picked the one that sounded coolest.

"Okay!" Dan got another raven coloured eyeliner pencil and pulled Phil to the cash register. He hurriedly paid for them, to which the cashier mumbled something about him being "the third one today," and went back to their apartment. Dan went inside and straight to the bathroom.

After a couple near losses of an eye and a long string of swearing, Dan emerged from the bathroom, fringe straightened, eyeliner on, and looking completely emo. Minus one thing.

"Phil, where is my My Chemical Romance shirt!?"

"It should be in your-..." Phil walked into Dan's room only to find his drawers thrown open and the clothes haphazardly strewn across the room.

Dan finally held up a black shirt over his head in one hand and a fistful of pins in the other. "I found it." He quickly switched into the other shirt, somehow not ruining his hair in the process.

"You know what this reminds me of, Dan?"

"No, what?"

"When we first met."

Phil smiled at the nostalgic thought, but Dan had other plans. "You remember the very first day?"

"Like it was yesterday." Phil's smile grew as he remembered how nervous Dan was, and how much he stuttered and apologised at first.

"So you remember this!" Dan pounced on Phil, knocking him onto the bed. Phil shrieked in surprise. Dan smiled at his accomplishment.

"In my memory, it's the other way around." Dan shrugged slightly as he lay on Phil's legs.

"Eh, too bad. We're listening to music!" Dan pulled out his phone and went to YouTube. He searched for an album finally deciding on "May Death Never Stop You" because he figured Phil might know some songs on it.

They spent the rest of the day with Dan blaring music all through the apartment. He didn't even stop it when they were eating dinner and Phil was pretty sure he fell asleep to it. "That would be my emo boy." He thought.

The next morning, Phil was woken up to the sound of screeching. He couldn't tell if it was upset or happy and he stumbled his way to the living room to find Dan, a mess laying on the couch with smeared eyeliner.

"What's wrong?!" He sat beside Dan, engulfing him in a hug.

Dan sniffled into Phil's shoulder. "T-they aren't getting back together."

"What?"

"It was a promotional thing."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not!"

Phil sighed and patted Dan's back. He remembered the first time this had happened, and he didn't think it would be good for his health for Dan to go through this again.

Dan moved so he was lying down, with his head in Phil's lap. "I'm going to die now. Literally."

"No, you won't."

"Yes, I will."

"Would you like some soup then. If you're going to die, you can at least die slightly happier."

Dan nodded. "Yeah, I guess." Phil slid out from under Dan, ruffling his hair. "PHIL! NOOOOO!" Phil smirked and went to their kitchen to make Dan's soup.

A/N       so school got cancelled and I decided if I'm not going to do work there I mine as well do something educational (this counts as educational right?) And I realised I should probably finish this.

Anyway; how was it? I made it very platonic, not on purpose though.

I didn't know where a good stopping point was so this ended up being very eh. I'm not sure what I'll do next because I've got like five draft but...