Shut up I don't fall in love don't look at me.

Ship: Ryden

Ryan glanced up at the screen, smiling as he saw Brendon's contact come up in his notifications. He couldn't help it; Brendon was just... too much for Ryan not to smile. It made him happy to think of Brendon and he simultaneously loved and hated that he blushed every time Brendon  said something even sort of sweet.

He looked at the message. "Hey, Sugarcane, you home?" Ryan pulled his hoodie sleeves over his hands and covered his face. Sugarcane was immediately the name that Ryan fell in love with. He melted whenever Brendon said it. He was pitiful, hopeless, in love.

"Yes, dear, I'm here." He often wondered if Brendon had the same reaction as Ryan did. He sure hoped so, or maybe he didn't. It seemed like Brendon wouldn't be as happy with surprise smiles and falling faster than he could fly.

Soon after sending the text, Brendon was in Ryan's room. He didn't bother with knocking or announcing his presence. Ryan looked over, trying not to blush and smile and fall apart. He looked at the strand of hair that was obnoxious and always out of place.

He held a hand out and Brendon took it. With a small smirk, he pulled Brendon onto the bed with him. "Asshole." Brendon said as he snaked his arms around Ryan.

"Love you, too." Ryan shifted and moved so his head was on Brendon's chest and he listened to Brendon's heartbeat. It reminded him of the beat to some far off love song.

Ryan zoned out, daydreaming to Brendon's breathing. It didn't matter what was happening, if Brendon was breathing, Ryan could calm down to the sound. He could fall asleep to the noise.

He was brought out of the daydream when he noticed Brendon humming. "What is that?"

Brendon smiled playfully. "Hey, Hey. You, You. I don't like your girlfriend!" Ryan giggled as Brendon continued with his hilarious rendition of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" that was more of "Boyfriend" Ryan would say.

Ryan and Brendon sat up on the bed. Ryan punched him playfully. "You're a dumbass. I love you."

Brendon stuck his tongue out. "I'm your dumbass." He hugged Ryan, just wanting an excuse to have contact. Ryan smiled at Brendon's warmth and tried to get closer.

He wondered when he became the thing he despised. When he became romantic and in love. The thought of love once disgusted him. He'd been hurt before and it ruined him. Then there was Brendon. Brendon pulled him out of a rut and he was helpless to love.

"I'm bored."

"Me too."

Neither of them moved. Whether it was because they were both too lazy to move or really content with being bored as log as they were with each other was debatable.

It wasn't until Ryan's phone went off and Ryan, unwillingly, looked at it that they moved. Ryan picked up the freaking out phone, shutting it up, but smirking at Brendon. "It's 4:20. And my phone battery is at 69%"

Brendon snorted which made Ryan laugh. They laughed longer than they normally would've and Ryan wasn't sure why, but it felt right. It was nice. He laid in Brendon's lap, musing about the world. Musing about how great it was that of all the people in the world, he met Brendon. How wonderful it felt to be in love. How horrible it felt to be in love.

Ryan had given in. He gave up trying to fight the hopeless romantic inside himself. Brendon made it easy to be happy. Therefore, it was easy to be in love with him. And he loved being in love.

Hi. I'm back after what was, arguably, a hiatus. First off, I gotta thank @The-Next-Astronomer because they/she/IAlwaysFeelLikeI'mFuckingUpPronouns motivated me to write. And my wonderful muse BladePeirce for inspiring this and I totally didn't use anything he says in this. (;

But enough of that. How are you? Has your night/day been good? I hope so. It's summer so I might update more again, but I can't promise anything.

See you in the next edition of "S!nner can't update!"