But you're the one who shot me

Ship: Frerard

Trigger warning I think?

"Frank shot me all the time. Well, metaphorically, you know? Like, he'd say really mean things to me and shit like that. He's never physically shot me, until Friday that is and I realise I probably shouldn't have used that phrasing the first time." I was sitting in one of those questioning room things that you always see on cop shows. It was Sunday and I was having pretty awful flashbacks to sitting in confession with the priest that smelled like peppermint and pedophile.

The cop across from me nodded and wrote some more shit down on his notepad. "So, Gerard, tell me what happened on Friday."

"Everything? Or just the whole "shooty" thing?"

"Everything from Friday, please."

I sighed and started the story I'd told and retold to at least twenty people.  "Thursday... I woke up at 9:15. I got up, got dressed and went to my office to do some work stuff. Frank was gone already, which was a bit strange because he usually wakes me up before leaving for work, but I figured he was probably in a rush.

I did everything I normally do on a Friday: work, eat, work some more, then go and get anything we need for the house.

As I was walking out the door there was a slip of paper on the table thing we keep by the door. I looked at it because Frank probably left me a note telling me he needed something from the store or he loved me. His emotions seem to be either sappy or unimpressed. I don't know, maybe there's something else in there." Tears pricked at my eyes and I paused for a second. I took a couple deep breaths and continued.

"Anywhore. I mean, anyway. I looked at the note. It said "I'd take a bullet for you, I'd hope you'd do the same." My first thought was something along the lines of  "damn, Frank, that's morbid and kinda sappy at the same time."

I put the note in my pocket and went along with business—"

The cop interrupted me and I may have rolled my eyes a tiny bit. "Do you still have the note, or do we have it?"

"How am I supposed to know? Do you have it?"

"I'll check when you're finished telling me about Friday." I thought it futile to keep interrupting me and my story and wasting time, but whatever he wanted, I guess.

"Back to my story, once again. I went along with my business, getting groceries from the store and looked at the time. It was almost 1:00 so I went to the company where Frank works, worked?, I don't know. I went in and asked the receptionist if I could talk to Frank, but she said he was on an early lunch. I went back to my car, feeling a bit disappointed. I was going to see if Frank wanted to eat lunch together.

I shrugged that off. It was really no big deal to me. I went back home and lounged around, watched some TV, I was about to start making dinner when my phone rang. It was Frank so I answered almost immediately.

He sounded rushed and panicked so I got up. I was going to find him and I went to ask him where he was, but he asked if I knew where a café was before I could ask him anything. I said I did, because I did know where the café he was talking about was and I went to it.

Frank stood in the alley beside it and I went to meet him. He hugged me, getting close to my ear and whispered. "If your love for me is bulletproof, then prove it."

I was shocked. I jolted backwards, pushing Frank away. I didn't know it at the time, but I was walking myself further into the alley.

He took out a gun, pointing it at me. I asked him why he was doing it, he asked me why I cheated on him. I don't know where he got that from. I love Frank. Honestly, it's probably bad, but even know I do. I haven't even gotten close to cheating on him.

I was crying. He walked closer and repeated his question. I just kept shaking my head. I couldn't process words, put them in a sentence. I wiped at my eyes, trying to see. When I could see, well, let me just tell you. It isn't that much fun staring down a loaded gun.

I closed my eye because I didn't want to see what would come next. I grief my teeth, bracing myself for the worst. I don't remember hearing the gun go off, but I will always remember the swearing pain in my chest as the bullet went through it.

I collapsed, dazed and slightly confused. I knew I had been shot but I wouldn't let myself accept that it was Frank who had done it. He walked over and got down. He held me close and I felt... I don't know. I felt better, but also worse. "This didn't have to happen, Love." He said. I brought a hand to his face. It felt right. I told him I still love him. I forgive him.  Then I blacked out. The next thing I remember is walking up in the hospital Saturday." I didn't realise I was crying and I didn't know how long I had been crying.

I put my head on the table and tried to concentrate. "Can I see him soon?" I asked.

"No. He's not allowed to be near you for quite a while."

I cried more. I couldn't stand it. I know, and I don't know why I know, but I know he's still there. He's still Frank and I just need to see him.

Well, you guys, an update. I've been sick for the past two days and I feel slightly like shit, so I decided to write.

I'll try not to make it another month or two without writing something else, my drafts are filled with great concepts.

See you next time, because summer break is in two more weeks.