Suitors

"Please don't embarrass us." Shiro pleaded.

"When have we ever embarrassed you?" Lance put his hands on his hips.

Shiro gave him an 'are you serious' look that brought an infinite amount of memories in which they'd embarrassed them.

"Fair enough." Lance nodded.

"Look, we land, we shake hands, kiss babies, mind your manners, and don't insult unusual traditions. These people have many customs." Shiro pinched the bridge of his nose as he spoke.

They were all put off balance when the ship landed. Lances face suddenly twisted. "Oh quiznack, I forgot something in my room. I'll meet you all outside!" He took off leaving the others.

They simply shrugged and exited. The leader of the planet greeted them kindly. He was tall and handsome with short blonde hair and a good figure. He was young for a leader, early twenties at the oldest.

"Welcome to planet Raftheon!" He announced bowing. The citizens all followed respectfully. "It is a great pleasure to meet all of you. My name is Levan" He smiled warmly standing straight.

"Hey sorry, I didn't think it would take that long." Lance walked out of the ship.

Levan and his people looked at Lance in surprise and awe. "Please, may I ask your name?" He stepped forward.

"Uhm, Lance." He replied nervously.

He bowed grabbing Lances hand and kissing the top. "It's lovely to meet you. I'm Levan."

"Oh," Lances face was bright red, "i-it's lovely meeting you too."

The others watched bewildered, none as much as Keith however. He crossed his arms and set his jaw.

"Please, my people have thrown a large celebration for you and your friends." He smiled gesturing to the crowd of people waiting in anticipation. "If you don't mind, may I escort you?" He raised his arm.

"Oh, t-that's not necessary! Really, I'm okay." Lance laughed politely.

"Very well. I have business to tend to but I will join you all shortly." He smiled kindly.

The moment he left, his people quickly rushed the paladins. Mostly Lance.

Keith politely pushed his way through the people. He saw Lance surrounded by men and his face was red with embarrassment. In a moment of split thinking, jealously, and empathy, Keith quickly rushed up to Lance and placing his hand on his back pushing him away from them.

"Keith...?" Lance smiled.

"You just looked uncomfortable." Keith justified his actions.

"Thanks." Lance rubbed the back of his neck anxiously.

Keith was going to speak but was quickly interrupted when a mass of people carried the blue paladin away. Lance looked bewildered, embarrassed, and uncomfortable, all at the same time and it made Keith's blood boil.

He walked after them moodily and Pidge let out a laugh. "Jealous much?"

"Me? Jealous? Of course not!" Keith's voice raised defensively. "It's just... everyone on this planet is so infatuated with him. Clearly Lance doesn't like it."

"I don't know Keith..." Pidge frowned pointing to Lance. A little further ahead, a man was down on both knees holding up a ring. Lance had never been redder and he smiled nervously. "Lance has always been a flirt. And he is bisexual after all."

Keith quickly looked at her, "He's what?"

"You... didn't know?" She tried to ask. Keith, however was already running full speed with every intention of trying to intervene in the situation.