Bandit/thief/Robinhood Lance!

Keith's POV:

I'm on high alert. I held up a fist signaling my soldiers behind me to stop. It was silent and I looked up at the trees carefully. I've had very few encounters with Lance McClain but each had been a failure on my part. My duty is to bring the goods to the kingdom for King Zarcon. Trading is normal for Altea but whenever we attempt to do so with the Galra kingdom, we are intercepted by a certain thief with a bow. His shot I'll admit is flawless and he of course mastered sneak attacking. Though, Lance is a criminal, it's actually sad, he'd make a wonderful addition to the Altean kingdoms watchmen.

Every kingdom has a bounty for his head, easier said than done. There are many rumors about him; some say he's an orphan others say he's actually part of a very large family and he steals to feed them. Whatever or whoever he is, I'm prepared to take him down this time.

I heard a small noise like shoes scuffling against rocks and spun around. No one was there. Honestly, no one was there, where were the other guards?

The wagons of food still remained untouched. I drew my sword keeping a wary eye out. An arrow sped through the air and before I could react it caught my clothing nailing me to the tree behind me. A second arrow fired stabbing through my pant leg securing me. The arrows were deep in the wood, it would take a lot to pull them out.

Then I saw him, Lance McClain, the sharpshooter himself. He swung upside down not to far from me in a tree. "Hey hot stuff." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes as he jumped down. "I'm going to kill you." I growled.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Keithy. Oh! Looks like you had a lot of goodies today! The townspeople are gonna love this!" He pulled out large bags of corn and potatoes.

Fury set in and I began tugging on the arrows.

"Hey, stop that!" He turned to look at me frowning.

I huffed angrily and sighed. "Where are my guards?"

"Tied up back aways. Their fine." He said as he hauled bags out of the wagon.

After a moment of watching him steal I decided to make a little small talk. "If you're going to steal from me again could you at least tell me why you do it? Lots of rumors float around about you. Are you an orphan? Big family with not enough food to go around? Or are you just a greedy bandit?"

He thought for a moment, "The first two are true."

"How can both be true?" I questioned.

"I'll leave that to you to figure out. At least then I know you'll be thinking about me." He winked. "Next time we run into each other I hope it's on different circumstances." He saluted and took off.

I thought of Lance's smirk, an orphan with a big family? That's impossible. I'm an orphan myself but I've always had Shiro, he's like a brother to me.

Lance may have the advantage from a distance with his bow, he usually gets distance when he sneak attacks. If I could find him he'd stand no chance with a short distance battle.

I thought back to what he said, 'The townspeople will love this!'. If I go to the Galra Kingdoms village maybe I'll find him. I pushed on the arrows as hard as I could until I heard a successful snap.

I took off in the same direction Lance did heading for the kingdom. When I arrived it was apparent poverty was a major issue. It was empty which was slightly unexpected. The few villagers there were gave me nervous looks. I spotted in the distance a family looking around cautiously before entering a building. Suspicious.

I headed towards it entering not long after them. I went slowly up old unsafe stairs as it was the only way to go. When I reached the top I hid watching as I saw the room full of the village people. It was packed but all eyes were on the same thing. Lance.