Chapter Seventeen : Reasoning

Written on phone excuse mistakes.  ✊

~ Chris

When Kae came home, she immediately knew something was up with me.  I couldn't stop staring into mid space,  checking my phone like Eliza was going to text me back all of a sudden. I was nervous to be honest but why would they give her false information on her own body?

"Chris either go to sleep or go somewhere with that phone." Kae fussed,  I ignored her when my phone vibrated and I had a text message,

715-534-6318 : Call me.

I furrowed my eyebrows before texting back. 

- Who is this?

: Michael,  it's about Eliza.

I sighed,  and pressed the call button.  It rung a few times before he answered.

"Wassup.." he trailed,  I sucked my teeth. 

" Man ain't no wassup what hell you need to say?" I snapped,  Kae looked and furrowed her eyebrows.  He knows my patience isn't with him anymore.  Shit my trust isn't either.

"is Eliza pregnant?" He questioned. 

I opened my mouth to say something..

"What? Why do you ask that?" I questioned. Did he just know I could've been the father or since I know her now he just thought I would know?

"because she out of the blue got emotional when she was holding King.  She reminded me of Chyna when she was pregnant so...  I was just wondering."

Honestly,  I don't know if she's pregnant I need proof for my own eyes,  so Dr . David said I could go to the hospital since Eliza has a doctor appointment tomorrow. 

Wait..  How in the hell would he know that?  "Why was she at your fucking house?" I nearly yelled, 

"she ain't your girl, so don't worry about it."

I clenched my jaw and hung up the phone. Getting out of the bed I grabbed my sweats that were on the floor and put them on and grabbed a Hoodie I had thrown on a chair. 

Kae sat up in the bed, "Chris it's 2 in the morning,  where are you going?" 

"I'll be back." I mutter leaving out of room, going down the stairs I grabbed my keys and went to the garage. 

**

"I'm coming stop knocking on my door!" Eliza yelled unlocking and opening the door, her hair was messyily in a pony tail. 

"Oh.." was all she said when she noticed it was me. "What brings you here?" she muttered, I let out a small breath, i know she probably surprised that I'm here for the fact I haven't seen her since that morning she left.  The last time I spoke to her was over the phone and she was telling me she wasn't pregnant anduii that was it with us communicating. But what she told me could've been a lie? A lie somebody told her about herself. 

"Can I come in?" I asked she looked at me like I was crazy.  "No. This is good enough. It's nearly 3 in the morning,  I have to work in the morning what do you want?" 

She held the door closed with her leg and placed her hand on her hip, which made me look at her stomach.  She was wearing a fitted tank top and I could see her stomach poking out a little. 

I cleared my throat.  "why were you at Michael's house?" 

She furrowed her eyebrows,  "How did you know that? I thought y'all wasn't friends."

"He call-- ugh,  it doesn't matter how I know.  Why were you over there." i honestly didn't know what I wanted to say. 

"Because he asked me to. I was being nice to help him out with his son. He seemed lost with everything." She spoke.