Chapter One : Eliza

Shutting the door behind me, i made my way towards the bedroom dropping my luggage on the bed. Shrugging out of my jean jacket, i rubbed my shoulders trying to gain some type of warmth. I did get that warmth, but it wasn't what i wanted though. 

I felt my heart drop to my stomach as arms wrapped around my waist. I could be mistaken as a dead person have flust my face looked right now. 

"I missed you Eliza." He whispered. 

Jesse.

___

7 years later 

~ Eliza 

"How do you feel today Eliza?" Dr.David asked looking over his glasses then at his clipboard. 

I looked up at the ceiling sighing. How did i feel? I don't feel like i'm me. Something missing. 

"The same for the last seven years." I muttered before wiping my face with my hand. 

"I'm guessing you still have some the amnesia." 

" Some? i can't remember anything within 21 years of my life-- It's hard coming out of an coma seven years ago, not remembering who in the hell i am. Shouldn't this shit wore off by now? I feel broken in some type of way but i don't know why." 

He nodded before writing notes down. 

" Eliza, the type of Amnesia you have-- It wasn't temporary unless your back in the setting of life you don't remember, like being around people you grew up with." 

I shrugged my shoulders. All i remember is I'm from Virginia-- and that's from the help of my I.D. I don't remember the city or nothing. I don't remember my address. I only remember my mom from a 3 year old perspective. 

"You don't remember the enagament ring?" he asked pointing at my finger. I noticed i was twirling it between my index finger and thumb. I found myself doing it alot for the last seven years. I don't even remember why or where i got it from or from who. But it calms me, make me fell safer-- something weird like that. I never brought myself to take it off. Well, i did once and i felt out of place without it on. 

"I'm sure it's a promise ring." i muttered. I wasn't an ring expert but it just screams 'promise me' or something. But i think this amnesia is fucking with my brain.  I wish i knew something from my past. Not just the day me and Johnny gotten 'married' when i was nearly five. 

"I've asked you this question since you've had woken up from your coma seven years ago and you never gave me an answer. Do you remember where you got it from?" He asked looking at me with hope. I woke up from an 4 month coma seven years ago. I was apparently nearly beated to death after being raped and i ended up miscarrying. 

I woke up to that kind of news. They claimed it was some guy named Jesse who been obsessed with me and raped me half of my life. 

I didn't and still don't remember anything like that. 

They said the guy got away and they have no lead of where he is. 

He somehow abducted me from Atlanta-- that was the last time i used my passport. And now i'm in L.A. I like it here though. I've been here for the last seven years and yet, i still feel like an newbie. 

I don't know or remember the guy but i just feel-- relief that he's gone? But then again he's still out there. 

"No. I don't remember anything. It just give this vibe like it was from somebody special..I can't find myself taking it off though." 

Silence filled the room before a ringing of an timer went off notifying that the session was over. 

Dr.David took of his glasses before standing, I did the same pulling my Nike hoodie over my head and grabbing my tiny cross bag. "Same time next Thursday?" He said i nodded agreeing. 

Keeping to myself in the halls, i shoved my hands down in my pockets. "Oh And Eliza!" I heard somebody yell. I turn around to see Dr.David running down the hall. 

"Happy Birthday." 

~ Chris 

"Chris it pains me to say this.. But it been seven years. It's like the girl just fell off the face of the earth. You need to stop worrying about Eliza and start worrying about these court cases and get on their good side so you could get out of rehab." My mom said. 

I sighed, Only on her birthday-- Eliza would pop up in my mind-- i wanna know if she's living and okay. It's been seven years of course i would be paranoid. "I know ma. But i just wanna know if she okay. Today is her 23rd birthday." 

Aaron and Jaylen haven't been the same since her disappearance. Even though Aaron has a son-- Devon, who is now six and a half. Aaron and Melissa didn't exactly work out. Now they're just co parenting for Devon's sake. 

"Chris i know her birthday." she sighed. Holding the phone up to my ear, i looked around the little room. I was getting tired of being in rehab. I missed my mom. She lives back in Virginia and only visit once an month. "How's Kae?" 

"We're taking a break until i get things together--"

"Oh and Eliza" I heard somebody holler. I swear i felt my heart start to beat rapidly. "Ma i'll call you back" Before she could say something i hung up and ran out of the room. I noticed one of the therapist that works in the rehab. 

"Happy Birthday" He said before the girl smiled and walked off. It was her.. 

I couldn't control myself and I'm pretty sure i was making an scene running down the halls and out of the building chasing her. But it's like she disappeared. 

"Eliza.." I whispered before being tackled to the ground. "Mr.Brown; you know the rules. Your aren't aloud out in front of the building." Pulling me up i was escorted back to my room. 

I swear it was her.

_____

 Even though i said a couple of weeks. And im sick at the moment thanks to my snotty one year old nephew. I wanted to give the first chapter while i feel somewhat fine after taking some medicine. That was the first chapter. :) 

Vote and Comment. 

-Kennedy