Chapter 38: Empty Space

Song: Empty Space by James Arthur

(Nami's work outfit is above)

Enjoy!

__________

Nami's POV

Two weeks.

It's been more than two weeks since I've been away from home, and only 22 weeks left until I go back. Yes, I'm counting.

So far all I've been doing is based on a daily routine. Wake up at seven in the morning, prepare for work, leave with my co-workers to go to the company, come back home around four thirty, nap time, eat dinner, free time, talk to Chen and go to bed. That's just the weekdays. On the first weekend, I stayed at the apartment the whole time, but this weekend my roommates are encouraging me to go with them to the beach.

Let's see, my roommates, who are also my co-workers, are Joy, Wendy, Wendy's little sister Yeri (the only one who doesn't work at our company), and Seulgi. They're nice. Loud. I think that they've known each other longer than I've known them. But, they're nice. They keep me energized.

Speaking of energized, which is what I need to be right now, I want some coffee.

I got up from my chair and walked to the lounge room and prepared myself some coffee, Kang Joon was already there when I went in.

He didn't even have to look up as he knew it was me who entered, "This is your third coffee today, you better watch yourself."

He was stirring a cup of coffee and after he was done, he gave it to me. "Coffee shouldn't be your replacement for sleep."

I take the cup from him, "Coffee is not that bad, only sometimes."

"Right." He walks back to the counter and makes his own. "Did you finish today's papers?"

I nodded my head, "That's why I'm so tired and bored, I finished all the big work this week but I have nothing else to do. There are two more hours left of work."

"You know you can always go home, or ask for more busy work." He says jokingly at the end.

"No thank you! I'll just wait it off. Plus, I can't leave work early, my ride is my roommates."

He chuckles, "Sorry not sorry. I've got some more work to do, so, I'll catch you later." He leaves the room after our two-minute conversation.

I sigh and lean against the counter while taking sips of my coffee, "I'm so glad that this is a paid internship."

I look through the glass windows in front of me which gives me a view of everyone working. It's pretty crazy but somehow well-paced and busy at the same time. Everyone is doing their job.

I just observe little things I could find to kill time. Like how Wendy, when she works she continuously scratches her head especially when she's stressed. Then there's Joy who always checks her hair and makeup every minute. But I think that's fine, Soo Kyung does that too. Kang Joon always bites his pen. If I were sitting down in my chair right now, I'd be tapping my foot constantly.

Suddenly, Chen's face pops into my mind and I whine in the inside. I miss him so much. I think he's either sleeping or just waking up right now. Should I call him? Would that be an inappropriate thing to do in the workplace?

I decided to step outside of the building after asking to take a break from my boss. I speed walk in my heels excitingly, even though I don't know whether he's awake or not. I look around to make sure no one is close enough to hear me, then again, they wouldn't understand what I'm saying. I take out my phone from the pocket of my blazer and searched for his name in my recent contacts. Since his name was first on the list, I didn't hesitate to press on the call button.